Potential presentation for a future meeting

  • Sergio Pereira
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2009
      Hi.
      I've been exchanging emails with Jeff Cohen, author of the book "Rails
      for .Net Developers" to talk to us in a future meeting (no date set
      yet).
      He suggested two interesting topics that I though it would work best
      if the group gave their opinion:
      - Rails 101 of sorts for .Net developers
      - Top 10 things every .net developer should know about Ruby (not
      necessarily Rails)

      Between these two, which would you like to see? Or maybe you don't
      think these are interesting at all?

      Thanks
      ______________________________________
      Sergio Pereira
    • Ali Illyas
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2009
        I would be interested to hear about "Rails 101 of sorts"

        On Jul 1, 2009, at 9:26 PM, Sergio Pereira <sergioafp@...> wrote:

        Hi.
        I've been exchanging emails with Jeff Cohen, author of the book "Rails
        for .Net Developers" to talk to us in a future meeting (no date set
        yet).
        He suggested two interesting topics that I though it would work best
        if the group gave their opinion:
        - Rails 101 of sorts for .Net developers
        - Top 10 things every .net developer should know about Ruby (not
        necessarily Rails)

        Between these two, which would you like to see? Or maybe you don't
        think these are interesting at all?

        Thanks
        ____________ _________ _________ ________
        Sergio Pereira

      • Scott Parker
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1, 2009
          I'd vote for the top 10 things. ALT.NET has a fine history of borrowing good ideas from the fine chaps behind Ruby (and RoR); I'd like to see if there's anything else up for grabs. =)

          Either sounds great to me, however.
          ______________________
          Scott Parker
          Choose positivity.

          On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 9:26 PM, Sergio Pereira <sergioafp@...> wrote:
          Hi.
          I've been exchanging emails with Jeff Cohen, author of the book "Rails
          for .Net Developers" to talk to us in a future meeting (no date set
          yet).
          He suggested two interesting topics that I though it would work best
          if the group gave their opinion:
           - Rails 101 of sorts for .Net developers
           - Top 10 things every .net developer should know about Ruby (not
          necessarily Rails)

          Between these two, which would you like to see? Or maybe you don't
          think these are interesting at all?

          Thanks

          <*> Your email settings:
             Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
             (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
             mailto:ChicagoAltNet-digest@yahoogroups.com
             mailto:ChicagoAltNet-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

             http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Eduardo Scoz
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 1, 2009
            I vote for the top 10 things as well! Great topic!

            On Jul 1, 2009, at 10:13 PM, "Scott Parker" <scott.p.parker@...> wrote:

            I'd vote for the top 10 things. ALT.NET has a fine history of borrowing good ideas from the fine chaps behind Ruby (and RoR); I'd like to see if there's anything else up for grabs. =)

            Either sounds great to me, however.
            Scott Parker
            Choose positivity.

            On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 9:26 PM, Sergio Pereira <sergioafp@gmail. com> wrote:
[...]

          • Rob Linxweiler
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 2, 2009
              I'm interested in getting "on the Rails", so I think 101 would be my pick.