Auditions for Faces For Radio Women's A Cappella Group

  • y2fizzy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18, 2013
      Faces for Radio, a Chicago-based all-female cappella group, has been performing throughout the Chicago area since 2005. We primarily sing our own genre-bending arrangements of pop and standards ranging from the 30s to present day. We perform at a variety of venues and private functions roughly 3-5 times a year, most recently at the Green Mill, Hamburger Mary's, and Stage 773. Our target group size is 10-12 members.

      Auditions will be held by appointment only on July 31st and August 7th, starting at 6:30pm. Please email lindsayspectacular@... for location information and to reserve a 10-15 minute audition time.

      Singers should be comfortable reading music, holding an individual part among competing harmonies, and blending into a larger group sound.

      Be prepared to sing exercises to demonstrate range and blending ability, and to sing a verse and chorus of a solo that demonstrates vocal strengths. There will be a callback round following these first auditions, and you will be notified shortly after your first audition whether or not we would like you to continue.

      More information on our group can be found on our Facebook page, www.facebook.com/ffracappella. Faces for Radio rehearses on Wednesday nights in Logan Square and records annually.