Singers wanting to make new music

  • ecobox
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2013
      I recently wrote the following to an inquiring singer regarding auditions:

      "We are still planning on new auditions. After some thought over the holidays, however, I'm revising the group. We're going to start from scratch, and perform a fair amount of original songs, arranged for acappella quintet or sextet, depending on the final makeup of the group. The songs I'm considering come from a project I did over the last year called A Year In Music, located here: http://ecoboxmusic.tumblr.com I'd love it if you'd take a listen and let me know what you think. We'll still do a few covers, but after reading Deke Sharon's shot-across-the-bow essays about acappella music needing to grow up (http://www.casa.org/content/put-away-childish-things) and what a great group does well (http://www.casa.org/content/lessons-pentatonix), I really want to create a sound and a look that are unique and stand out among the crowd. If you're still interested, please let me know. We'll set up some time to talk and jam and see what can happen."

      I am extending this invitation to others who are interested in making new music, and stepping outside of the comfort zone of clever covers of Sara Bareilles and Maroon 5. Nothing wrong with people who do that well - I just want something different. If you're interested, please contact me, and we'll set something up.

      Best,

      Christopher Cole
      Music Director
      Hot Commodity