2012 Chicago Harmony Sweepstakes - Preliminary info

  • Andrew Blendermann
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2011

      http://www.harmony-sweepstakes.com/images/HarmSwlogo.gif

      Greetings!

      The 2012 Chicago Harmony Sweepstakes is coming up in March, and we're starting to gather information about eligible a cappella groups.  This e-mail is going out to as many Midwest groups as we know of, and we're trying to fill in the gaps in our "knowledge base".  Some groups may have changed their contact information - please forward this e-mail to your main contact, and let us know their name and e-mail address.  Some groups may have changed e-mail addresses, or added a new website (or Facebook, or MySpace page) - we'd like to know about that.  And a few groups, sadly, may no longer be together - in that case, let us know if you'd like us to remove your e-mail address from our list.

      A more official entry form will be following this e-mail, but here's a few things you should know in the meantime:

      • The show is Saturday, March 31st, 2012 at the North Shore Center for the Performing Arts in Skokie, IL, at 7:30 pm.
      • The deadline for receiving entries is January 6th, 2012.
      • All groups will need to submit an audition recording with at least two songs (MP3s preferred, CDs acceptable), a photo, and a biography.
      • Groups must have at least three and no more than EIGHT members.

      About 8 or 9 groups will be selected from the entries to perform in the March regional contest.  If your entry is selected, we will need an entry fee of $10 per person per group.  Yes, you can enter via e-mail - more information is available at our local Chicago info site: www.blenderful.com/sweeps.

      If you've entered the Sweeps before and your information hasn't changed, you're all set.  But if you're new to the Sweeps, or if you'd like to update your group contact information in any way, please reply to this e-mail.  We try to do as much via e-mail as possible (thus the importance of digital recordings).  And please spread the word to any other a cappella groups you know - the more the merrier!

      E-mail address:

      sweeps@...

      National web site:

      www.harmony-sweepstakes.com

      Chicago info site:

      www.blenderful.com/sweeps

      Phone:

      847-809-0808

      Mailing address:

      Harmony Sweepstakes
      c/o Andrew Blendermann
      606 N. Wilshire Dr.
      Mount Prospect, IL  60056

      Thanks for your interest in the Harmony Sweepstakes A Cappella Festival.

      Andrew Blendermann
      Chicago Regional Producer

      Harmony Sweepstakes A Cappella Festival