CSO concert Saturday 22, 6:00 pm, Rotunda

  • nttaylor@enteract.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15, 2001
      Dear Friends of Golosa, the Univeristy of Chicago Russian choir,

      I write to you now from faraway Moscow, where we have just returned from our first tour of great mother Russia. On this trip we have visited and performed in not only this great city but also in Irkutsk and the villages of Tarbagatay and Bolshoy Kunalei. Along the way we have been hosted by different Russian choirs and lovers of music and have had a unique opportunity to live with them and learn from them a better understanding of our craft.

      We will return to the States this week and are very happy to announce that for the second year in a row we will participate in the annual Marshall Fields Day of Music in Symphony Center, scheduled to take place this coming Saturday, September 22. Festivities begin at 12:00 noon and finish at 1:00 am. Our own performance will start at 6:00 pm in the rotunda and will last about 45 minutes. The entire event is free of charge. If you arrive early to find a very long line going around the building, this line is only for the performance of the Symphony Orchestra itself at 7:00 and not for the many other acts that will be performing throughout the building, so if you come to hear us, please don't be discouraged by the crowd!

      Symphony Center is located at 220 S. Michigan, Chicago, Illinois.
      For more information about the Day of Music visit the CSO website at http://www.cso.org or call (312) 294-3000

      It was during our stay in the village that we heard of the terrible events in New York and Washington. We count ourselves very lucky that none of us in the choir has been personally affected by the tragedy, and that its only effect on us is a delayed return trip home. Our prayers are with those who have not been so fortunate. We hope that by continuing to sing we can in our small way add our voices to those which continue to call for peace and understanding in the world.

      Thank you for your support, and I hope to see you on Saturday,

      Noel Taylor, director, Golosa, University of Chicago Russian Choir

      http://mail2web.com/ .