2011 Chicago Harmony Sweepstakes - RESULTS

  • Andrew Blendermann
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27 1:00 AM

      HARMONY SWEEPSTAKES A CAPPELLA FESTIVAL

      2011 CHICAGO REGIONALS

      RESULTS

      March 26th, 2011
      North Shore Center For The Performing Arts In Skokie

      9501 Skokie Blvd., Skokie, IL

      1st Place

      The Brotherhood Singers

      www.nkybrotherhood.com

      2nd Place

      Breath Of Soul

      www.breathofsoul.com

      3rd Place

      Up 'Til 2

      www.uptil2music.com

      Audience Favorite

      Up 'Til 2

      www.uptil2music.com

      Best Original Song

      "Little Black Dress"

      by Jordan Roll of Six Appeal

      Best Original Arrangement

      "Superstition"

      by Jesse Upah of Breath Of Soul

      We had some great groups this year, from all over the map (genre-wise, and literally).  From screaming highs to rumbling lows to earth-shaking vocal percussion, Chicago had one of the best lineups ever.  We even had a Sweeps first:  a PROPOSAL from one of the members of our host group, Home Free!  (Congrats, Matt & Jenny!)  Thanks to all the groups, congratulations to our winners, and thanks to all the fans that came out to listen.  Make sure to become a Facebook fan of the "Harmony Sweepstakes A Cappella Festival", so we can let you know about next year!

      For more information, check out these websites:

      Official Harmony Sweepstakes website:
      HARMONY SWEEPSTAKES A CAPPELLA FESTIVAL
      www.harmony-sweepstakes.com/chicago.html

      Facebook Event Page: