"Men in Drag" Saturday 10 April @ U Chicago

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2010
      Saturday April 10 at 7:00 PM in McCormick Lounge, Reynolds Club, corner of 57th St and University Avenue on the University of Chicago campus. That's the weird egghead one in Hyde Park, NOT the University of Illinois at Chicago.

      So, I'm on the way to my day job, cursing fate and my long commute, when I see a fold-out table manned by the two cutest men in drag I have ever seen. They claim to be women, and members of "Men in Drag," so maybe the table was womanned by the two cutest women pretending to be men in drag I've ever seen. But, maybe they're men in drag pretending to be women pretending to be men in drag pretending to be women. I buy their latest CD, "No Pants, No Problem," partly to stop the infinite illogical regress, and partly because it reminds me of CVX's intro to "I Hear the Fat Lady Singing," in which one of them appears in drag pretending to be a fat lady, or maybe one of the fat men in CVX appears in drag pretending to be a lady, but he doesn't have to pretend to be fat because he really is, or maybe .... (the curse of a liberal education).

      Check 'em out.

      The venue is way intimate and grungy, just right for a cappela, and they pretend to be having a "Pie Suction" (oh, that's an "A", not an "S"), presumably of American Pie, but then it might be really cake pretending to be pie.

      This URL pretends to be their web site:
      http://www.menindrag.org/