Re:AcappellaFest Ideas for Success

  • Karen Jacobs/MAC
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 25, 2009
      My high school son contacted the fest's organizer a couple of years
      ago to ask if his HS acappella group (which has recorded yearly,
      regularly makes BOHSA) could be part of your fest.

      Frankly the response he got was discouraging. I don't remember who he
      talked to but whoever it was, was dismissive bordering on rude.

      Which is too bad for you and something to strongly reconsider for your
      future, as the good local groups come with a built in family & friends
      fan base and they could help spread the word thru local suburban
      communities.

      And it would be cool for the kids to have some exposure to the post-
      school acappella singers. My son would have been thrilled to meet
      Scott Leonard.

      If you decide to pursue, I can put you in touch with Glenbrook North's
      Ow! and also Glenbrook South's Nine (both male acappella, both
      excellent).

      Karen Jacobs