- Having trouble viewing this e-mail? Click hereMessage 1 of 2 , Oct 12, 2009View Source
Having trouble viewing this e-mail? Click here to download it in PDF form.
ANNOUNCING: AcappellaFestTM 2009
Now in its 3rd year, AcappellaFestTM Chicago will feature exciting performers from Seattle to Chicago to New York:
- The Bobs: Legendary Grammy®-nominated, CARA-winning vocal group
- Blue Jupiter: Voices of the Oreo Cookie, Int'l Headliners, NY/Chicago Harmony Sweeps
- Chicago Voice Exchange: 1995, 1997 and 1999 Chicago Harmony Sweeps Champions
- Voices In Your Head: Ben Folds' 2009 "A Cappella University", student group at U of C
- HOSTED BY: Vocal Chaos: AcappellaFest Co-Producers, Chicago Harmony Sweeps
The first-ever AcappellaFestTM Detroit will feature local regional favorites:
- Two Weeks Notice: CASA League member group from Michigan
- 4 THE RECORD: Ohio-based sextet
- Special Guest Scott Leonard: Lead singer of Rockapella
- HOSTED BY: elmoTHUMM: AcappellaFest Co-Producers, Chicago Harmony Sweeps
What people are saying about AcappellaFestTM:
"An absolutely fantastic experience."
"Thank you for bringing an a cappella fest to the midwest!"
"I love a cappella! Great job. I hope you do it again next year!"
"Excellent choice of groups! ... Keep up the amazing work."
AcappellaFestTM is growing!
- Get ready for an a cappella road trip because there will be TWO shows!
- AcappellaFestTM Chicago is now an all-day a cappella extravaganza!
- Workshops on topics such as a cappella arranging, proven performance tips and vocal percussion
- Matinee showcase featuring Blue Jupiter
- PLUS the WINNER of the first-ever AF High School Contest!
- Open Q&A sessions with artists
- Evening performance by The Bobs
- AcappellaFestTM Chicago presents the first-ever AF High School Contest
- Entries accepted September 21st through October 9th
- The winning group gets to perform live on stage at AcappellaFest 2009 Chicago!
- WHEN: Saturday, October 17, 2009 at 7:00pm
Village Theater at Cherry Hill
50400 Cherry Hill Rd, Canton, MI 48187
- COST: $15 (group rate for 15 or more at $10 each)
- WHEN: Saturday, October 24, 2009, ALL DAY
- 10:00am - Workshops
- 2:00pm - Matinee showcase featuring Blue Jupiter
- 4:30pm - Open Q&A sessions
- 8:00pm - Evening performance by The Bobs
Schaumburg Prairie Center for the Arts
201 Schaumburg Ct, Schaumburg, IL 60193
- COST: $15 Day Events / $20 Evening Performance by The Bobs / $30 Fest Pass (save $5!)
The Evening Performance will feature The Bobs only
The Fest Pass provides access to the entire festival - Day and Evening