Open audition for new contemporary vocal group

  • sharonjdavid
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2009
      We're pleased to announce that a new entertainment choir will be holding auditions this Sunday (6/28) in Wicker Park! The new group is being formed under the management of a prominent Chicago entertainment company, and our preview performance is already planned for this fall.

      This new choir is will be a performance-based group comprised of professionally trained vocalists performing rock and contemporary music, both a cappella and with professional musicians, for profit.  We will also be singing classical music with rock instruments and arrangements.  Our goal is to produce distinct, quality performances for private events, public concerts, and eventually produce recordings.

      We are seeking tenors and basses only!

      If you're interested, please email us a 1/2 hour block between 2:30 and 4:30pm Sunday afternoon that would work for you. We will then respond with a more specific time within your desired 1/2 hour block for your individual audition. If you're interested in the group but unable to attend this audition, please email us anyway and we'll see if we can find another time to hear you.

      For the audition:
      • Please prepare a verse and chorus of a popular song of your choice that displays your range
      • Be prepared to sight read and do vocal exercises
      • Performance resume preferred, no head shots necessary

      Hope to see you there!

      Sharon David

      sharonjdavid@... or
      sharonjdavid@...