CHICAGO: Vocal Chaos holding auditions!

  • jeffvswearingen
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 8 8:12 AM
      Acclaimed vocal band Vocal Chaos is in search of a skilled vocal percussionist. If you are interested, please continue reading.

      We are looking for a person with at least 2-3 years of VP experience in an a cappella group. You must be confident and ready to start immediately, dive in and have fun!

      Ideally, candidates can demonstrate:
      * a broad range of creative percussive/beatbox sounds and styles (off and on mic)
      * competent mic technique and comfortable performance style
      * the ability to learn new music quickly
      * the dedication to attend weekly rehearsals and a desire to perform regularly
      * a positive attitude, maturity and willingness to work as a team

      The following skills are a plus:
      * sight-reading
      * songwriting and arranging
      * the ability to hold your own as a singer as well (if this applies, please tell us your voice part)

      Vocal Chaos is a part-time vocal band. We're a fun group of guys who love to sing, perform and further the artform of a cappella. You can find out more about us at www.vocalchaos.com .

      If you think you've got what it takes to join Vocal Chaos, we want to hear you! Please send an e-mail to auditions@...  and include the following:

      1. A brief bio and performance resume (groups you've performed with, what you've sung, when/where/etc.)
      2. Any audio/video clips of you and your mouth (feel free to attach or include a YouTube link)
      3. A few words that describe why you think a cappella rocks!

      Don't hesitate to ask questions. If you prefer to mail recordings and materials, please request the mailing address in your e-mail.

      Bring on the spit!

      Vocal Chaos
      ---
      Co-Producers, AcappellaFest
      2007 Harmony Sweepstakes Chicago Regional, 3rd Place
      2003 and 2007 Harmony Sweepstakes Chicago Regional, Best Original Arrangement Award Winners
      www.vocalchaos.com
      www.myspace.com/vocalchaosmusic
      www.acappellafest.com
    • jeffvswearingen
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 8 11:42 AM

        *** PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CORRECTION ***

        If you think you've got what it takes to join Vocal Chaos, we want to hear you! Please send an e-mail to auditions [at] vocalchaos.com

        (I forgot that e-mail addresses were masked in Yahoo! Groups.)

        Thanks!

        Vocal Chaos
        ---