2009 Chicago Harmony Sweepstakes - RESULTS

  • Andrew Blendermann
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 21, 2009

      HARMONY SWEEPSTAKES A CAPPELLA FESTIVAL

      2009 CHICAGO REGIONALS

      RESULTS

      March 21st, 2009
      North Shore Center For The Performing Arts In Skokie

      9501 Skokie Blvd., Skokie, IL

      1st Place

      3 Men & A Melody

      www.3menandamelody.com

      2nd Place

      Stripped

      www.breakingboundaries.org

      3rd Place

      Up 'Til 2

      www.uptil2music.com

      Audience Favorite

      Up 'Til 2

      www.uptil2music.com

      Best Original Song

      "It's Time"

      by Mariama Czarnowski of Stripped

      Best Original Arrangement

      "Kryptonite"

      by C. Alex Juarez of More For Your Money

      Outstanding Vocal Percussion

      Up ' Til 2

      For more information, check out the official Harmony Sweepstakes website:
      www.harmony-sweepstakes.com

      This was the tightest show we've done here in Chicago - great judging, efficient hosting, and wonderful groups made for an evening that ran smooth as silk.  We actually ended on time (the first time since I started producing eight years ago!), and yet our Afterglow went way over, thanks to every group singing some extra songs.  5one did a great job hosting, highlighted by Stupid Musician Jokes, and an a cappella "Cha Cha Slide" that made them pass out.  Thanks to all the groups, congrats to our winners, and thanks to all the fans that came out to listen!

      Andrew Blendermann
      Harmony Sweepstakes A Cappella Festival
      Chicago Regional Producer

      E-mail: sweeps@...