Vocalists Wanted for Successful Gospel Music Ensemble

  • smarvey
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 9, 2008

      We are looking for diversity.  All ages, races, and religions welcome.  Gospel singing experience not required, but a minimal singing proficiency is expected.   A positive spirit is a must.

      We are Chicago's One Accord, a successful gospel music ensemble directed by Walter Cunningham who is also the director of the Dartmouth College Gospel Choir. We call the music we sing "Gospel Fusion!"  Music of the traditional black gospel experience uniquely infused with borrowings from other music genre ... the high energy of pop and rock, the heart of jazz, the soul of rhythm and blues, and the refinement of a contemporary choral ensemble.  Our multiracial membership is extremely diverse with members coming from many different religious backgrounds and beliefs.  Though much of our music is Christian based, we do not focus on doctrine, but instead choose to focus on our commonalities and the universal messages of love, faith and inspiration.

      Currently, the group consists of about 18 members and due to the increasing number of requests for our performances locally as well as nationally and internationally, we are hoping to double the size.  Accordingly, we are hosting an open rehearsal next Sunday, June 15th from 3pm to 6pm at Unity in Chicago located at 1925 W. Thome, Chicago, IL (one block south of Devon Ave. and 1 block west of Ridge Road in the Edgewater/Rodgers Park neighborhood).

      If you interested in joining a talented ensemble on the cutting edge of the gospel music genre this is an excellent opportunity to check us out.  Please feel free to email or call me for additional information and/or to RSVP so we know how many people to plan on for our rehearsal.  You can also check out our website: http://waltcunningham.net

      Also, please do not hesitate to contact me if for some reason you are not able to attend this rehearsal, but are still interested in joining.

      Stuart Marvin

      OSIP Productions, LLC

      smarvey@...

      (773) 968-5626