Harmony News - Big Weekend

  • gregvaden
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 2008
      Hello All - Greg from elmoTHUMM here. I made the trip to Chicago
      this weekend and thought I'd fill everyone in on a few things.

      1) Western Michigan University held their invitational this
      weekend. For those into vocal jazz, it was amazing! Steve Zegree
      will again be hosting a seminar later in the year. If you're a jazz-
      head - GO. He and his program (Gold Company)are the best in the
      country.

      2) Congrats to 5One for winning Sweeps this weekend. Andrew was
      kind enough to let me sit in on sound checks. Nice job everyone.

      3) I was asked to participate as a judge at this years ICCA Midwest
      Semi-finals held at Northwestern THIS WEEKEND. (Notice a theme here,
      everything happened this weekend) Northwestern's own Purple Haze won
      that event. They're off to New York for Nationals. Good luck to
      them. I was disappointed our 3 Michigan representitives didn't place
      but better luck next year.

      4) AcappellaFest has been awarded a grant. Jeff and I are very
      pleased and want to thank everyone for their continued support as we
      work to get AcappellaFest 08 up and running. Announcements will be
      made shortly.

      Thanks:
      Greg Vaden
      elmoTHUMM