2008 Chicago Harmony Sweepstakes - RESULTS

  • Andrew Blendermann
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 15, 2008

      HARMONY SWEEPSTAKES A CAPPELLA FESTIVAL

      2008 CHICAGO REGIONALS

      RESULTS

       March 15th, 2008
      North Shore Center For The Performing Arts In Skokie

      9501 Skokie Blvd., Skokie, IL

      1st Place

      5onewww.myspace.com/5oneguys

      2nd Place

      An Octave Abovewww.anoctaveabove.com

      3rd Place

      MAUFwww.mauf.at

      Audience Favorite

      5onewww.myspace.com/5oneguys

      Best Original Song

      "Lovely"by MAUF

      Best Original Arrangement

      "Tico Tico"by An Octave Above's Nick Falco
      Outstanding Vocal PercussionMAUFChristal

      For more information, check out the official Harmony Sweepstakes website:
      www.harmony-sweepstakes.com

      Omigosh, am I sore!  But we got another one in the record books.  This seemed to be the year of the vocal percussion, with an amazing solo by 5one's Brian Parrish (it'll be the talk of Nationals), Sean Gorecki pulling double-duty as the rhythm of InVox and Vocal Chaos, and an incredible progressive sound from Austria's MAUF.  And hosts Nightwatch had us in stitches yet again with their "Salute to Mediocrity".  Thanks to all seven groups (and a very appreciative audience) for a great show!

      Andrew Blendermann
      Harmony Sweepstakes A Cappella Festival
      Chicago Regional Producer
      E-mail: sweeps@...