Live Webcast from Barbershop International Contest/Convention

  • zinger99@juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 21, 2001
      If you enjoy barbershop harmony -- or are curious about just what
      state-of-the-art barbershop is -- you'll want to know about the
      upcoming live Web broadcast of segments of the SPEBSQSA (men's
      barbershop) International Convention in Nashville, Tenn., July 1-7.

      I believe some contest sessions will be broadcast in addition to the
      AIC (Association of International Champions -- past SPEBSQSA quartet
      champs) Show. Find out more at
      http://www.spebsqsa.org/2001/webcast.htm -- TWO choruses from
      Illinois (New Tradition & Great American Chorus) will be competing in
      the chorus contest.

      * * * * *

      From: "Hoge, Scott" <shoge@s...>
      Date: Fri Jun 15, 2001 8:25 pm
      Subject: ANNOUNCEMENT: Live webcast of AIC shows from Nashville

      The Association of International Champions and SPEBSQSA are extremely
      pleased to announce that both the 2 PM and 7 PM AIC shows will be
      broadcast LIVE on the Internet from the Tennessee Performing Arts
      Center in Nashville.

      This fantastic show, titled Old Songs... Old Friends, features
      PLATINUM, FRED, Nightlife, Gas House Gang, The Ritz, Acoustix,
      Happiness Emporium, and a special 25th anniversary appearance by the
      Innsiders.

      This broadcast continues the long-held tradition of the AIC in
      bringing the best in barbershop quartet music to the stage, and now
      to the whole world. The AIC and the Society have been working
      closely together for some time now to make this, and the entire
      webcast from Nashville, possible.

      We would also like to gratefully acknowledge the financial support of
      the AIC in underwriting the webcast from Nashville. Thanks to their
      support and undying quest for excellence, we will be providing over
      38 hours of the top-quality barbershop quartet and chorus
      entertainment to an UNLIMITED number of world-wide listeners. This
      unprecedented event is the culmination of many discussions,
      initiating nearly a year ago with the AIC show committee.

      I would also like to personally thank George Davidson for his support
      and guidance in putting this entire webcast together.

      Complete details will be forthcoming at
      http://www.spebsqsa.org/2001/webcast.htm

      Please note, all times listed are Central Daylight Time.

      Thanks, and we'll see you on the 'net.
      Scott

      Scott Hoge
      SPEBSQSA Information Systems Manager