2008 Chicago Harmony Sweepstakes - get those entries ready!

  • Andrew Blendermann
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2007
      Greetings!

      The 2008 Chicago Harmony Sweepstakes is coming up in March, and we're starting to gather information about eligible a cappella groups.  This e-mail is going out to as many Midwest groups as we know of, and we're trying to fill in the gaps in our "knowledge base".  Some groups may have changed their contact information - please forward this e-mail to your main contact, and let us know their name and e-mail address.  Some groups may have changed e-mail addresses, or added a new website (or MySpace page) - we'd like to know about that.  And a few groups, sadly, may no longer be together - in that case, let us know if you'd like us to remove your e-mail address from our list.

      Note:  the Sweeps will now accept groups up to EIGHT members!  In years past, we could only accept up to 7, which eliminated a lot of mixed groups (SSAATTBB).  With the new higher limit, I'm hoping we'll see all sorts of new groups come out of the woodwork!

      A more official entry form will be following this e-mail, but here's a few things you should know in the meantime:

      • The show is Saturday, March 15th, 2008 at the North Shore Center for the Performing Arts in Skokie, IL, at 7:30 pm.
      • The deadline for receiving entries is January 4th, 2008.
      • All groups will need to submit an audition recording with at least two songs. (CDs or MP3s strongly preferred)
      • Groups must have at least three and no more than EIGHT members.
      About 8 or 9 groups will be selected from the entries to perform in the March regional contest.  If your entry is selected, we will need a picture of your group, and an entry fee of $10 per person per group.

      If you've entered the Sweeps before and your information hasn't changed, you're all set.  But if you're new to the Sweeps, or if you'd like to update your group contact information in any way, please reply to this e-mail.  We try to do as much via e-mail as possible (thus the importance of digital recordings).  And spread the word to any other a cappella groups you know - the more the merrier!

      E-mail address:sweeps@...
      Web site:www.harmony-sweepstakes.com
      Phone:847-749-4994
      Mailing address:Harmony Sweepstakes
      606 N. Wilshire Dr.
      Mount Prospect, IL  60056

      Thanks for your interest in the Harmony Sweepstakes A Cappella Festival.

      Andrew Blendermann
      Chicago Regional Producer

      Harmony Sweepstakes A Cappella Festival

      Checked by AVG Free Edition.