Harmony Sweepstakes National Finals results

  • Primarily A Cappella
    Message 1 of 2 , May 8, 2001
      Harmony Sweepstakes National Finals results
      These are the results of the 2001 National Finals of The Harmony
      Sweepstakes A Cappella Festival

      Champions - Sixth Wave - Los Angeles
      2nd place - Voice Trek - Chicago
      3rd Place - Freestyle - San Francisco

      Audience Favorites - Voice Trek

      Best Original Song - "Slinky Variations" - Vox Bop - New York

      Best Original Arrangement - "Vincent" - Sixth Wave

      Thanks as always to all involved for making this another great sold out
      evening of top notch a cappella singing.

      Further info at:-

      http://www.harmony-sweepstakes.com

      John Neal

      Primarily A Cappella
      http://www.singers.com
    • A Cappella News
      Message 2 of 2 , May 10, 2005
        Pacific Northwest regional champs Groove For Thought took top honors
        this weekend by being crowned National Champions at the Harmony
        Sweepstakes A Cappella Festival National Finals. With only a few
        points separating the groups it was one of the closest competitions in
        years and once again the sell-out crowd was treated to some top notch
        a cappella singing.

        As producers of the show we try hard every year to truly find the most
        exciting groups from around the country and to have the event be a
        showcase, not only for them, but for a cappella music in general. I
        think we can confidently say we have accomplished that once again this
        year.

        Thanks to all the groups who participated in our many events, to the
        regional producers for all their hard work and a special thanks to the
        audiences who year after year come out and support our shows. Here are
        the complete results.

        NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - Groove For Thought

        2nd Place - Face (Rocky Mountain)

        3rd Place - Fiveplay (Chicago)

        Audience Favorite - Face

        Best Original Song - "Walk the Straighter Road" Kevin Kunz - Groove
        For Thought

        Best Original Arrangement - "Paper Moon" Greg Murai - Moodswing

        To read a report of the event please visit:-

        http://www.acappellanews.com
        A CAPPELLA NEWS.
        A vocal harmony blog

        John Neal