Golosa concert this Saturday, April 28

  • Noel_Taylor
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26 7:13 PM
      Dear friends of Golosa,

      First of all, thank you for all the support you've shown us during our
      pledge drive. If you would still like to help us make our trip to Siberia,
      we are still accepting contributions. In return we promise to raise your
      name in song on the shores of lake Baikal, and also, for contributions of
      $40 or more, to give you a copy of the CD that we plan to make during the
      trip. Please write back to me with any questions.

      But the main point of this email is to tell you about our next concert,
      which may well be our last of the academic year. Sorry for the late
      notice, but the concert is this coming Saturday, April 28, at 3:00 pm at
      the Skokie Public Library at 5215 Oakton Street in Skokie, Ill. We will
      sing for approximately one hour.

      Here are directions from Hyde Park, for anyone doughty enough to make the
      drive up...

      Take Lake Shore Drive north until it ends and turns into Sheridan Road.

      Follow windy Sheridan Road to Howard and turn left (west)

      Go west on Howard. Cross Western Ave. Keep going west a couple of miles
      after that. Cross a bridge. Cross McCormick. Cross Skokie Blvd and make
      next right onto Lincoln ave. Now you are going north.

      Continue past Oakton community college. At the next light, which is still
      called Lincoln ave, turn right.

      Go one block and turn left onto Oakton.

      Pass City Hall on your left, the next building on the left is the
      library, at 5215 Oakton. Continue just past it and turn left, crossing the
      traffic going the opposite way, into the free parking lot on the far side.
      Park. You're there.

      Admission is free.

      Thank you again and we hope to see you at the show,

      Noel Taylor, director, Golosa, University of Chicago Russian Choir