Chicago's Premiere Jewish A Cappella Group ISO vocalist(s)

  • Loren Shevitz
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14, 2007
      Shircago, Chicago's Premiere Jewish A Cappella Group, seeks a female
      and/or male vocalist. Ideal candidates should love singing new kinds
      of Jewish music, exude positive energy, be able to read music, and
      have some prior a cappella background. Anyone, however, is welcome to
      apply.

      Shircago is in the midst of some exciting developments. We have
      released a self-titled studio album, have been selected for the
      first-ever Best of Jewish A Cappella (BOJAC) album (both available
      with free sound clips at
      http://www.shircago.com/jewish-a-cappella-music.php). We also are
      performing at a Bar Mitzvah luncheon party (as we do from time to
      time) and have taken out an ad in the Chicagoland edition of the B'nai
      Mitzvah Guide, for which we expect some more leads in gigs to come our
      way. Although none of us will be quitting our day jobs anytime soon,
      doing these performances does provide a nice rainy-day fund. Our main
      motivation, however, is to make Jewish music accessible to all ages.

      If you or someone you know might be interested, please stop by the
      Chicago Harmony Sweepstakes on Saturday, March 24th, at 7:30pm, at the
      North Shore Performing Center for the Arts. As Andrew already said,
      though, the show WILL sell out, so please make your reservations in
      advance! Alternatively, email or call me (Loren) at 773-368-3591.

      Loren