Playlist for The "APPLAUSE" Show 1/11 Lloyd Steinkamp tribute 1/18

  • the2004thn@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2007
      Hi Gang,
      Just a reminder that this Thursday, January 18th, we will be celebrating the life and times of Lloyd Steinkamp, a wonderful barbershopper from the Far Western District, world reknown arranger, director, leader, quartet guy, mentor, coach and much more.  We are STILL looking for information on performances of Lloyd's arrangements...we have a good number but not by far representative of his many arrangements.  If you know of a recording of a Lloyd Steinkamp arrangement PLEASE EMAIL ME ASAP with the name of the group and the name of the song.  We will search the library at THN to locate the performance...if we do not have the CD, we may ask you to send an MP3 file to me so we can include the song in the show.  With the holiday on Monday in the US (Martin Luther King Day), snail mail may not reach us in time.
      Thank you to all those who HAVE responded...your information and suggestions will be included in the show.
      One other note...we still need your financial support to continue into February and beyond.  If you have not made a donation and would like to, the snail mail address is: THN...The Harmony Network, 41 Watchung Plaza #222, Montclair, NJ 07042 OR you can go to PayPal at www.paypal.com and use the address of the2004thn@... as the address to send your donation.  We can only continue if we receive your support.  Thanks again to all who have made a donation.
      Well, here is a list of the artists and the songs we played on January 11th.  We thank all the groups who have made contributions to the THN Library.
      The Vocal Majority/I'm the Music Man
      Buffalo Bills/ Hard Hearted Hannah
      Buffalo Bills/ Toot Toot Tootsie
      Marquis/ Every Day of My Life
      Marquis/ Lazy River
      The Boston Common/ Imagination
      The Boston Common/ Dancing At The Moving Picture Ball
      PLATINUM/ Cuddle Up A Little Closer
      PLATINUM/ Auld Lang Zyne
      Synchronicity/ Without A Song
      Synchronicity/ On A Slow Boat To China
      Scottsdale Chorus/ Anything Can Happen
      Scottsdale Chorus/ It's Your Song
      Four Shadow/ If
      Four Shadow/ Stayin' Alive
      Four Shadow/ Can't Get Next To You
      Westchester Chordsmen Chorus/ If I Only Had A Brain
      Westchester Chordsmen Chorus/ Lost In The Stars
      Park Tones/ Why Do Fools Fall In Love
      Park Tones/ Duke Of Earl
      Sound Of The Rockies/ Brother Can You Spare A Dime
      Sound Of The Rockies/ Great Day
      Clockwork/ 2006 Harmony Sweeps Winners/ My Baby Just Cares For Me
      Traces/ 2006 harmony Sweeps Winners/ Wonderful World II
      Sound of the Rockies/ Deep River
      Sound of the Rockies/ Goodbye World, Goodbye
      Twin Cities Show Chorus/ Smile
      Twin Cities Show Chorus/ Liar Medley
      Twin Cities Show Chorus/ I Never Meant To Fall In Love
      Acoustix/ Stars And Stripes
      Acoustix/ You'll Never Walk Alone
      Buck Thirty Nine/ Crazy Words, Crazy Tunes
      Penny Loafers/ Time
      Penny Loafers/ Run
      Most Happy Fellows/ I'm Sorry I Made You Cry
      Most Happy Fellows/ Puttin' On The Ritz
      Most Happy fellows/ Don't Leave Me Dear Old Mammy
      Key of She/ S'Wonderful
      Key of She/ Bald Headed Men
      O.C. Times/ Come Fly With Me
      Jersey Transit/ Acappella In Acapulco
      Coastline Show Chorus/ I Will Survive
      Coastline Show Chorus/ Makin' Whoopie
      Vocal Magic/ Evergreen District Champs/ I Ain't Got Nobody
      Easy Street/ Evergreen District Champs/ Easy Street
      Counterpoint/ Evergreen District Champs/ Georgia
      Jersey Transit/ Seasons of Love
      Fretless/ Braham's Lullaby
      Fretless/ Short People
      Cadence/ Blues On Sunday
      Phoenecians/ Ice Cream/Sincere
      ASU Orchestra/ Barbershop Harmony with Strings/ Shipoopi
      Sound Celebration/ Lullaby in Ragtime
      Kindred Spirits/ My Blue Heaven
      Western Continentals/ Are You From Dixie
      Western Continentals/ Hearts of a Clown
      Uptown Sound/ If I Love Again
      The Trenchcoats/ A Cappello Blues
      Vox One/ Whisper When I Speak
      The Blenders/ The Girl Is Good
      The Real Group/ A Cappella In Acapulco (Across the styles)
      Alley Cats/ My Girl
      Alley Cats/ La Bamba/ Twist and Shout
      Realtime/ I've Got A Gal In Kalamazoo
      Realtime/ Four Brothers
      Granite Statesmen Chorus/ There Used To Be A Ballpark Right Here
      The Vocal Majority/ Puttin on the Ritz
      Golden Staters Quartet/ It Must Be That Look In Her Eyes
      Mormon Tabernacle Choir/ You'll Never Walk Alone (Across the Styles)
      There you have it....another great broadcast of barbershop and other acappella music on The "APPLAUSE" Show, now in our 10th year.  Please join us this week for our special tribute to Lloyd Steinkamp.
      Yours in harmony,
      Rich Taylor, Host of The "APPLAUSE" Show
      Thursday night 7 - 11:00 PM Eastern Time
      www.harmonize.com/thn  Network Web Site