Barbershop?

  • NV
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 11, 2006

      I know this group is not a barbershop site but I have enjoyed hearing about all the events going up and around Chicago so I'll share this in case someone is interested...:)

      If Diamonds are a Girls' Best FriendÂ…

                        then an evening of diamonds and harmony is the perfect jewel!

      Harmony for the Holidays

      featuring

      JUKEBOX

      7th Place International Sweet Adelines Quartet

      This December 9th, join DeKalb's own two-time International Small Chorus Champions and current Regional Small Chorus Champions- The Prairie Echoes Chorus for a night of Harmony for the Holidays!The night will feature performances by The Prairie Echoes as well as special guest 7th place International Quartet JUKEBOX!

      A .39 Karat round-cut diamond will be raffled at the event and tickets for this are currently on sale.  The festivities will be held at NIU's Regency Hall and will include hors d'ouvres as well as a coffee can auction featuring merchandise donated by local merchants in support of this non-profit organization. Tickets for the coffee can auction will be available for purchase at the event.

      The Prairie Echoes Chorus is a member of Sweet Adelines International- an organization of women barbershop singers with over 30,000 members worldwide. Emjoy our performance, win a diamond, bid on an item, have some hors d'ouvres or just enjoy an evening among friends this holiday season!

      Admission tickets and diamond raffle tickets are available for purchase now. For ticket purchase and additional event information email me

      Ok---see you all later

      NV

    • MICHAEL BOGERT
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 13, 2006
        The Village Vocal Chords, 15 time international champions of Harmony Inc.
        are inviting women of all ages and vocal talent levels to join them for a
        special performance opportunity. For the first time, they are offering any
        women the opportunity to perform with them on stage, two Christmas songs
        which they will learn at 3, 30 minute rehearsals. No audition required for
        this!

        This chorus is famous for its deep and resonant sound that is unmatched. If
        you know of any women who would like to participate have them visit the
        website: villagevocalchords.com and call Ms. Mike Bogert (708) 275-8329.

        Upcoming Public Performances:
        Nov. 26, 2-3pm
        Outdoor Strolling Performance Downtown Downers Grove Hospitality Sunday

        Dec. 1, 7:30pm-8:30pm, Friday
        Outdoor Strolling Performance Geneva Christmas Walk

        Dec. 2, 7-8pm, Sat.
        Outdoor Strolling Performance LaGrange Christmas Walk (downtown LaGrange)

        Dec. 9, Sat., 2pm VVC Holiday Show, Timothy Christian High, Elmhurst (708)
        482-8951