How much to charge for gigs?

  • dalykay
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2006
      Hi, all -- Sorry in advance for a newbie-ish question.

      I belong to a group that's done a bit of performing, but always for
      free. As I've begun to line up holiday gigs, I've been asked what we
      charge. A lovely question, and one for which I have absolutely no
      answer.

      Any suggestions on a reasonable rate for 45 minutes or so of singing?
      We're a 10-member group, and while we're not planning to break into
      big time professional singing, it would be nice to garner a little
      cash to defray our costs.

      Kay Daly