Spring Sing

  • Joseph Schlesinger
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3, 2001
      Fellow 'Groupers:

      The mystery surrounding Spring Sing 2001 has been cleared up, thanx to Corey Greendale of Lake Shore Drive. Here's what Corey has to say:

      * * * * *

      For up-to-date info on Spring Sing, go to
      http://www.lakeshorejive.com/springsing/

      I just verified it, and it is up and running. It has what I believe is complete information about all the events.

      Spring Sing is open to anyone who wants to attend as an audience member (a cappella singers are especially encouraged to do so), but it is closed to performances, as the groups that perform have to be part of the Spring Sing organization.

      [J.S. note: According to the Spring Sing Web site, those groups are Lake Shore Drive, Augmented Eight, Wizard Oil Combination,
      Grace Notes, Counterparts, Off Sounders, Cahoots, Jersey Transit, & Noteworthy -- pretty heady company!]

      Much more specific information about the schedule of events, the groups performing, and how to reserve space, can be found at the Website noted above.

      Hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any more questions.

      Corey Greendale
      Lake Shore Jive

      * * * * *

      Even with the Midwest Harmony Sweepstakes, a wealth of barbershop shows, & public performances by a wide variety of a cappella artists, each new opportunity to enjoy the richness of vocal harmony that comes to light is worth publicizing to those who share our enthusiasm for a cappella singing.

      P.S.: Good luck to The Dateables, Northwestern University's newest vocal quartet, who have registered to compete in the Illinois District College Barbershop Quartet Contest in Peoria April 21.

      --Joseph Schlesinger
      zinger99@... (backup: schlesmail@...)
      member Shoreliner Chorus (http://www.nsn.org/evkhome/bflat)
      member New Tradition Chorus (http://www.newtradition.org)
      founder Barbershop Harmony Chicagoland (http://www.bbs.singer.as)
      847/328-0921
    • schlesmail@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 9, 2001
        Spring Sing Web site is at the following location:

        http://www.springsing.org

        --Joseph Schlesinger
        schlesmail@..., zinger99@...
        member Shoreliner Chorus (http://www.nsn.org/evkhome/bflat)
        member New Tradition Chorus (http://www.newtradition.org)
        founder Barbershop Harmony Chicagoland (http://www.bbs.singer.as)
        847/328-0921
      • Loren Shevitz
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 9, 2001
          lakeshorejive.com won't load for me. Is the info up anywhere else?

          http://personals.yahoo.com