Wash U Mosaic Whispers 10th Anniversary Album

  • Krivitzky, Jonathan
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2001
      In the Spring of 1991, a bunch of cast members of an on-campus musical
      decided to get together on a regular basis and sing for fun. Earlier this
      year, the Washington University Mosaic Whispers competed in the ICCA
      competition and made it to the Midwest region semi-finals.

      The long road from a loose collection of fun-loving singers to a true force
      in the collegiate a cappella world is now chronicled in "Vested Interest",
      the Mosaic Whispers 10th anniversary CD. Over two and a half years in the
      making, this CD contains 20 tracks of songs and performances across the
      decade. Four tracks come from the four released CD's (one from each).
      Sixteen tracks are unable to be found anywhere else, and six of those are
      studio recordings done especially for this album. Included in the liner
      notes are four solid pages of quotes and song descriptions, clearly
      explaining why each song is included.

      This monumental project is more than a collection of great songs from across
      the years; the story that is told, both implicitly in the music and
      explicitly in the liner notes, chronicles one group's slow and steady rise
      to success. All of the songs included represent a major event or turning
      point in the history of the group, and the song descriptions are truly
      priceless.

      To my knowledge, no other collegiate album approaches the scope and depth of
      what goes on *inside* a group over the course of years. For fans of
      collegiate a cappella, this is an educational tool detailing what happens
      behind the scenes in a true a cappella success story. For fans of Mosaic
      Whispers, this is a must-have. For music lovers, this is a darn good CD.

      If you'd like to purchase the album, it will cost $12, plus $2 S/H. If you
      live in the Chicago area, I may be able to swing a personal delivery and
      save you the extra $2.

      If you're interested, contact me through the email below and we'll see what
      we can manage.

      Sing 'til you're flat,
      Jon Krivitzky

      Email: jkrivitz@...