Re: [Chicago-acappella] Re: Unsubscribing . . .

  • jimstyer@home.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2001
      Do not delete your profile! It may be posssible that you can delete it
      and still be subscribed to a group.
      Yahoo login and profiles are separate from subscribing to Yahoo groups.
      You can both a Yahoo logon and a group subscription. You also can have
      either without the other.
      I know this much, but I am still confused by lots of Yahoo's procedures.
      For problems unsubscribing to a group, you might try sending e-mail
      explaining your problem to a Yahoo/eGroups tecchie, "Brandon Long"
      <blong@...> or to "Simmie" <simjs@...>.
      Both of them are quite active on Yahoo help e-mail lists.

      jim styer, battle creek
      jimstyer@...

      At 11:59 AM 4/2/01 -0400, Joseph Schlesinger wrote:
      >Hmmm . . . seems we have a conundrum here.
      >
      >I did a little kanoodling around with the Yahoo! How-To page -- turns
      out their lingo for unsubscribing from a group is called "deleting a profile."

      >Here's what their instructions say about that:
      >
      >-How do I delete a profile?
      >-To delete one of your profiles go to My Profiles and click the
      "Delete" link to the right of the profile name that you want to delete.
      >-It is not possible to delete the profile associated with your main
      Yahoo! ID on the My Profiles page. Profiles for your main Yahoo! ID or
      your Yahoo! Mail account can only be deleted by closing your account and
      removing all of the information they contain. If you do not want any
      information displayed on the profile for your Yahoo! ID or Mail account,
      simply remove all of the content in the profile.

      >If I understand that correctly, if you currently belong to a group
      under your main Yahoo! ID, you're stuck in the group unless you close
      your Yahoo! account entirely. At that point, you'll be deleted from all
      groups to which you're registered under that ID, but, should you want to
      reactivate your Yahoo! ID, I don't know whether you can open a new
      account with the former ID name.