Re: Unsubscribing . . .

  • Joseph Schlesinger
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2001
      Hmmm . . . seems we have a conundrum here.

      I did a little kanoodling around with the Yahoo! How-To page -- turns out their lingo for unsubscribing from a group is called "deleting a profile."

      Here's what their instructions say about that:

      -How do I delete a profile?
      -To delete one of your profiles go to My Profiles and click the "Delete" link to the right of the profile name that you want to delete.
      -It is not possible to delete the profile associated with your main Yahoo! ID on the My Profiles page. Profiles for your main Yahoo! ID or your Yahoo! Mail account can only be deleted by closing your account and removing all of the information they contain. If you do not want any information displayed on the profile for your Yahoo! ID or Mail account, simply remove all of the content in the profile.

      If I understand that correctly, if you currently belong to a group under your main Yahoo! ID, you're stuck in the group unless you close your Yahoo! account entirely. At that point, you'll be deleted from all groups to which you're registered under that ID, but, should you want to reactivate your Yahoo! ID, I don't know whether you can open a new account with the former ID name.

      Seems like a raw deal to me. Anyone have a better answer???
      --Joseph Schlesinger
      zinger99@... (backup: schlesmail@...)
      member Shoreliner Chorus (http://www.nsn.org/evkhome/bflat)
      member New Tradition Chorus (http://www.newtradition.org)
      founder Barbershop Harmony Chicagoland (http://www.bbs.singer.as)
      847/328-0921
    • jimstyer@home.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2001
        Do not delete your profile! It may be posssible that you can delete it
        and still be subscribed to a group.
        Yahoo login and profiles are separate from subscribing to Yahoo groups.
        You can both a Yahoo logon and a group subscription. You also can have
        either without the other.
        I know this much, but I am still confused by lots of Yahoo's procedures.
        For problems unsubscribing to a group, you might try sending e-mail
        explaining your problem to a Yahoo/eGroups tecchie, "Brandon Long"
        <blong@...> or to "Simmie" <simjs@...>.
        Both of them are quite active on Yahoo help e-mail lists.

        jim styer, battle creek
        jimstyer@...