Gig opportunity

  • wwsloan
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2005
      I sing bass for The Buckthorns (www.thebuckthorns.com). We were
      scheduled to sing a single 45 minute set on December 2 in the Ryan
      Auditorium at the Northbrook Public Library
      (http://www.northbrook.info/lib_roomviews.php#Ryan%20Auditorium).
      Last night we learned that because of schedule changes, none of our
      three tenors will be available that evening and we had to cancel our
      performance. We have never before had to cancel a performance. I
      feel responsible to finding a replacement group. It is for that
      reason that I am posting this message.

      The Parisian Salon Concert series of free concerts has been monthly
      held at the Northbrook Public Library and previously at the Gorton
      Community Center in Lake Forest) for several years. The Ryan
      Auditorium seats 200 people. They typically have 180 people in the
      audience. While this is a non-paying gig, is a good audience that
      provides opportunities for other gigs.

      We were to open the evening with a 45 minute set of our eclectic
      combination of a cappella and accompanied songs. Even though it is
      a December program, we were not going to be singing Holiday songs.
      We were planning on ending with a Holiday song as a transitionary
      piece. The second half of the program (after the intermission) will
      be a choir performing Holiday songs.

      If your group would be available and interested in this performance,
      please call me at 847-470-8915 x109. Thanks,

      Walt Sloan