News of Passing

  • Mike Economou
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 19, 2005
      For those of you who know and have heard "Singers Unlimited", you'll
      know who Len Dresslar is:

      This is an E-mail forwarded to me that was sent by Don Shelton of
      the Hi-Lo's.

      Sad News...

      Don Shelton at 10:56pm:
      It is with a very heavy and saddened heart that I report
      the passing of a dear friend and
      colleague.......Len Dresslar.....bass of the Singers
      Unlimited and certainly the voice of the
      "Jolly Green Giant"....Ho, Ho, Ho for over 40 years.......
      as well as countless other jingles
      that I was privileged to a part of while in Chicago for 25
      years. I mention this to all who
      have known of his resounding Bass voice both on recordings
      and Radio and Television.
      He was President of Chicago AFTRA for several years in the
      mid to late 80's. To lose 2
      "Giants" like Thurl, as Tony the Tiger, and Len, as the
      Jolly Green Giant, in the space of 4
      months, not to mention the loss of Loulie Jean Norman as
      well, just leaves me almost
      speechless..........3 of my mentors for sure.....and good
      friends. I shall miss them all so
      very much. It gives me pause to reflect on my career
      getting to sing with the likes of these
      stellar performers, who always displayed a sense of the
      Music with style and a grace beyond
      belief. We will have a Memorial for Len in Palm Springs
      this Friday at his home with Family
      and close friends............May God continue to bless
      these families as they live with their
      losses..............May we never forget what they brought
      to our Singers Community in both
      Los Angeles and Chicago. I thought you would want to know.
      As always,
      Peace, Don