FACES FOR RADIO - All-female A Cappella Auditions

  • dalykay
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 13, 2005
      Faces For Radio, Chicago's newest all-female a cappella group, is
      holding auditions for our final two members on Tuesday October 25th
      from 7-8pm. We are looking for two very specific people:
      1. A high soprano capable of singing completely without vibrato.
      Most of what we sing is pop/rock/jazz, so the ability to hit those
      high notes quietly is also a plus.
      2. A very low alto. If you can hit a low C comfortably (or at least
      without too much pain), we want to hear from you!

      If you feel that you fit either of these two profiles, we would love
      to have you come audition. Please send an email to our Musical
      Director, Alyssa Hendrix, at info@... and include your
      name, voice part and range (if known) and previous singing
      experience. Sightreading is not necessary, though it is a plus and
      will be immensely helpful to you during the audition process.

      About our group: we were formed in January of 2005 and are a group
      of 11 women (hopefully soon to be 13) ranging in age from 22 to 39.
      There is certainly NO age limit. We were brought together by our
      love of a cappella - pop, rock, jazz, classical cross-overs - you
      name it, we want to sing it. We have a diverse repertiore in the
      works including David Bowie's "Under Pressure", Dar Williams' "As
      Cool As I Am" and James Taylor's "That Lonesome Road". There is MUCH
      more - come audition to find out!

      We rehearse Tuesday nights from 7-9pm at Three Pear Studios at Clark
      and Foster on the north side of Chicago. At the moment, the group is
      all volunteer, though we hope to start making money in the near
      future as we integrate our newest members and start booking shows.
      We have many performance opportunities available to us, and we will
      be on stage as soon as we finish learning the repertiore for the
      year!

      We work hard, we have a tremendous amount of fun, and we sing like
      there's no tomorrow. Please email us now if you would like to
      audition. Once we have your information, we will email you with
      details about where the audition will take place and what it will
      entail. We look forward to hearing from you!

      Faces For Radio