Unsubscribing from Chicago A Cappella Newsgroup

  • Joseph Schlesinger
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2001
      Gregg, Anthony, & anyone else who wants off this list:

      I suspect unsubscribing from the Yahoo!groups Chicago A Cappella Newsgroup is a similar process to unsubscribing from any other similar newsgroup (including the Harmonet of the barbershop singing community).

      If, instead, you'd prefer to remain on the list, but not receive e-mails of messages posted, what you want to do is stop mail -- type in: chicago-acapella-nomail@yahoogroups.com -- then you can still go to the group's Web site to read new messages & retain the ability to post to the group, if you have the perverse desire to do so.

      There is a list of additional commands (regarding Harmonet) on my Harmonet Web page (http://www.nsn.org/evkhome/bflat/harmonet.html). Just remember to replace "bbshop" in the commands with "chicago-acapella" -- good luck!

      --Joseph Schlesinger
      zinger99@... (backup: schlesmail@...)
      member Shoreliner Chorus (http://www.nsn.org/evkhome/bflat)
      member New Tradition Chorus (http://www.newtradition.org)
      founder Barbershop Harmony Chicagoland (http://www.bbs.singer.as)
      847/328-0921
    • Anthony R. Green
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2001
        Sorry, Joseph but in this case it DOESN'T work. Over the last few weeks I've
        done as you suggest four or five times, and sent Yahoo the confirmation they
        request, but I'm still on the list. I blame Yahoo, of course, not the group.
        What else can we do?
        Regards, Anthony Green
        Wilmette, Illinois
        AnthonyGreen@...

        chicago-acapella-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com -- that ought to work.

        | If, instead, you'd prefer to remain on the list, but not receive e-mails
        of messages posted, what you want to do is stop mail -- type in:
        chicago-acapella-nomail@yahoogroups.com -- then you can still go to the
        group's Web site to read new messages & retain the ability to post to the
        group, if you have the perverse desire to do so.

        | There is a list of additional commands (regarding Harmonet) on my Harmonet
        Web page (http://www.nsn.org/evkhome/bflat/harmonet.html). Just remember to
        replace "bbshop" in the commands with "chicago-acapella" -- good luck!

        | --Joseph Schlesinger
        | zinger99@... (backup: schlesmail@...)
        | member Shoreliner Chorus (http://www.nsn.org/evkhome/bflat)
        | member New Tradition Chorus (http://www.newtradition.org)
        | founder Barbershop Harmony Chicagoland (http://www.bbs.singer.as)
        | 847/328-0921

      • Anthony R. Green
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2, 2001
          Thanks, Chris. Here's another wrinkle! I did what you said and signed in OK
          but Yahoo informs me that I am not signed up to any group. Well, PERHAPS
          they have now unsubscribed me (!) but that wasn't the case a couple of hours
          ago. I'll wait now and see if any more unwanted messages arrive!
          Regards, Anthony Green
          Wilmette, Illinois
          AnthonyGreen@...