New Group.... Arrangements....

  • Jimbo
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2001
      Andy,
          Hi....

      I think we have spoken before and I am not sure where we left off.  I know that I have followed the X-tension chords for a while and would be honored to get some of your arrangements.  We are again, After School Special, from Grand Valley State University in Grand Rapids, MI.  We are a 9 member group looking to go to ten.  We are hoping to get some good arrangements to finish our year out and start next year with our 10 members that we hope to have.
          I think you asked me to check on the arrangements I wanted... I really didn't mind or know which ones to choose.  I like the end of "The Look" and I like Jessie's Girl.  I was hoping you could send me a slew of them so we could get a feel for the contemporary world.  We only sing classical stuff right now.  I will pay shipping charges.  I don't know what you suggest but just grabbing some "easier hard stuff" that will make us work but be accomplishable that would be awesome.  One other group sent us stuff.  Juxtaposition sent me a dozen tunes and a recording of them.  I don't know how possible that is but it has helped so much.  I just sent their check out this week.  Any help you can give us would be awesome. PLease let me know what I can do to help you in any way.
      Okay.... I just checked your site and like these tunes...
      Jessie's Girl
      Open Arms
      As Long As You Love Me
      The Sound of Silence
      One Week
      We Built This City
      Say It Aint So
      Lazy Boy

      Again, we have NO music in our files and would love to atrt with a group such as yours helping us out.. hence someone who has had success.  Please write me back good or bad.  Please don't forget the extreme recognition you'd get at any of our performances and the link on our future web page!  Thanks, Andy....

      See Ya,
      Jimbo
    • Jimbo
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2001
        Hey... didn't realize I was emailing the group. I guess I can open the question back up to any one.. Does anyone have any arrangements for a 9 member all male a capella ensemble.  We are joingin CASA soon but are looking to expand a library of tunes so we can get some new members our way.  We are After School Special and I am Jim Davis.. the co-founder.  I have some barber shop tunes and some great legit/classical ballads/songs (Set me as a seal etc) but am lookin for some great stuff people will want come hear if they don't know music much.  Any ideas or suggestions??!?!?  Thanks for the help.

        Sincerely,
        James K. Davis
        (Jimbo of After School Special, GR MI)
      • Anthony R. Green
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2, 2001
          How on earth do I get off this mail list? Following the Yahoo instructions does no good. They merely ask you to confirm, which I have done each time. For several weeks I have been trying. I am not interested in the A Cappella community (Sorry!)
          Regards, Anthony Green
          Wilmette, Illinois
          AnthonyGreen@...