Re: Audition notice sources

  • schlesmail
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2005
      Hi, all! This is in response to the request for audition notice
      resources. Some suggestions:

      Audition News, a monthly magazine containing listings of Chicago-area
      auditions & feature stories offering some good advice:
      6272 W. North Ave., Chicago, IL 60639
      phone: 630/894-2278, 773/622-4555; also try 773/637-4695
      (this info is a couple of years old, so some of it may have changed)
      [distributed free at many areawide locations; e.g., there's always a
      stack of current issues in the Music Admin. building at Northwestern
      U.--I believe you can also buy it at selected newsstands]

      PerformInk, a biweekly trade newspaper containing news about Chicago-
      area performing arts organizations, including audition listings:
      3222 N. Sheffield Ave., 3rd Floor, Chicago, IL 60657
      phone: 773/296-4600 - Web: www.performink.com
      [distributed free around the Chicago area; I've seen it in some of
      the small theatres in Lincoln Park]

      Chicago Reader, the free alternative weekly newspaper you can get
      just about anywhere in greater Chicagoland--not the best or most
      comprehensive source, but sometimes there are some good & interesting
      listings

      Craig's List Chicago--lots of good stuff, not just audition notices;
      access to this Web site is free to all:
      http://chicago.craigslist.org (there are links to lists for other
      metro areas worldwide, too)

      I also did a quick Google search using keywords "audition, news,
      chicago" & discovered an online discussion group called
      Vocalist.org. Check it out; you might find leads to other useful
      resources.

      --Joseph Schlesinger
      zinger99@... (backup: schlesmail@...)
      member Shoreliner Chorus (www.harmonize.ws/shoreliners)