2005 A Cappella Community Awards (ACAs) Is Now Open!

  • schlesmail
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2005
      surprised it hasn't reached this group till now . . .

      From: julia@c... <julia@c...>
      Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 17:51:58 -0800
      Subject: [casa-amb] 2005 A Cappella Community Awards (ACAs) Voting
      is Now Open!

      Every spring, many of us turn a hopeful eye to the CASA website or
      r.m.a-c. for the announcement of CARA winners, hoping our favorite
      bands will have taken top honors. When they don't win -- and
      sometimes they don't! -- we think, "if only I'd been able to vote
      for the CARAs, band X could've come out on top."

      The A Cappella Community Awards are just the chance we've been
      waiting for.

      Like the CARAs, the A Cappella Community Awards recognize the best of
      the best in a cappella music, dishing out kudos in several
      categories. Group genres include pop/rock, barbershop, doo-wop,
      folk/world, religious, classical, jazz, and comedy; individual
      awards are also given for best male/female vocalist, vocal
      percussionist, songwriter, and arranger. The key difference is this:
      rather than being voted on by a small group of those "in the
      business" like the CARAs, the ACAs are voted on by the public. That
      means the whole public -- you, your mom, your best friend, et
      cetera. Voting is open to anyone astute enough to know about it (and
      now you know about it -- so VOTE!!!). Please note that we will be
      holding the first annual Collegiate A cappella Community Awards at
      the end of the school year, so while you are more than welcome to
      vote for collegiate groups and individuals, keep in mind that they
      will be given their own set of awards later this year.

      Votes can be cast by filling out the online form at
      http://www.casa.org/cara/aca/home.php. Each individual can only vote
      once, but you're more than welcome to get as many people as you can
      to vote... in fact, please do! It's our hope that these awards will
      be a truly accurate representation of what the greater a cappella
      community is thinking.

      Voting to determine the favorites of 2004 is open from January 1,
      2005 until February 1, 2005, and the winners will be announced on
      March 1, 2004. Don't pass up an opportunity to make an impact --
      this is something you care about, or you wouldn't be reading this,
      right? Go, vote already!

      Email and questions or input to Julia Hoffman at julia@c... .

      _______________________________________
      Julia Hoffman
      Board Member, Awards and Competitions
      C A S A - The Contemporary A cappella Society - www.casa.org
      A 501 (c)(3) Charity Dedicated to Foster and
      Promote A cappella Music
      And to Create Harmony Through Harmony

      * * * * *

      --Joseph Schlesinger