Tis The Season on Tuesday Night Swipes

  • RMTMUSIC@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 20, 2004

      Hi gang, this comes from my colleague and host of Tuesday Night Swipes, Mr. Marty Israel.  Happy Holidays!

      Hi everyone!

      Last week, on Tuesday Night Swipes, we featured the Ramapo Valley Spotlight Chorus singing Renee Craig’s A Gift Of Love suite.  The mystery cut was The Dealer’s Choice singing Little Alter Boy.  Tonight, we will have a new featured cut and a new mystery cut where a lucky listener can win a CD just by identifying the singers!  We will, of course, be bringing you the best in barbershop and a cappella holiday music.

      We would love to hear from you to take your requests via either our toll free telephone number (continental United States only), 1-800-THN-SONG or our chat room, which can be reached through www.harmonize.com/thn.  Thank you for your support of our efforts.

      If you tuned in to Tuesday Night Swipes this past Tuesday night, you heard the following:

      Featured Cut – Ramapo Valley Spotlight Chorus: Renee Craig’s A Gift Of Love.

      Mystery Cut – Dealer’s Choice: Little Alter Boy

      (OPENER) Dealer’s Choice – Goodbye, Old Dixie, Goodbye

      Vocal Majority: Jingle Bells/Sleigh Ride MEDLEY; Do You Hear What I Hear

      Growing Girls: This Could Be The Start Of Something Big

      Voice Male: Silent Night; Jamaican Noel

      A Cappella Showcase: It Don’t Mean A Thing (If It Ain’t Got That Swing)

      FRED: The Christmas Song

      Alamo Metro Chorus: After You’ve Gone

      King’s Singers: The Time Of My Life

      West Towns Chorus: Jingle Bell Rock; Mary Had A Baby

      The Buzz: No No Norman

      HiLos: A Nightengale Sang In Berkeley Square

      Coastline Show Chorus: Let It Snow; White Christmas

      Midwest Vocal Express: Dream A Little Dream Of Me

      Alley Cats: Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer

      Suntones: Tennessee Waltz

      St Louis Harmony Chorus: Winter Wonderland; Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

      After Hours: Somewhere Out There

      Manhattan Transfer: Birdland

      Bryn Mawr Mainliners: O Come All Ye Faithful; Lo How A Rose E’er Blowing

      Four Freshmen: Walkin’ My Baby Back Home

      Philharmonix: Carol Of The Bells

      Rich Tones: Sweet Georgia Brown

      Gas House Gang: Go Tell It On The Mountain; Merry Christmas Darling; Some Children See Him

      Hampton Avenue: Candles In The Window; Santa Claus Is Coming To Town

      Alexandria Harmonizers: Glenn Miller MEDLEY

      Panache: O Holy Night; My Christmas Wish For You

      Vox One: Over The Rainbow

      Bluegrass Student Union: They All Laughed

      Brava!: This Is The Moment

      Rockapella: Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree; I’ll Be Home For Christmas

      North Metro Chorus: Candle On The Water; The Lord’s Prayer

      Hunterdon Harmonizers: Feast Of Lights MEDLEY; Coventry Carol

      Cool ‘N’ Jazzy: Cheek To Cheek

      Showtime: May The Lord Bless And Keep You

      Big Apple Chorus: We Wish You A Merry Christmas; Christmas Chopsticks

      Ramapo Valley Spotlight Chorus: A Child Is Born

      Reveille: You’re A Mean One, Mr Grinch

      Singers Unlimited: It Came Upon The Midnight Clear; Deck The Halls

      Ambiance: Something’s Coming

      Pacific Sound Chorus: We Need A Little Christmas; Sleep Well Little Children

      Accidentals: Angels We Have Heard On High; O Little Town Of Bethlehem

      Talk Of The South: The Chipmunk Song

      Paul Langford Acapella Ensemble: This Christmas

      The Real Group: When I Fall In Love

      Boyz II Men: A Joyous Song

      A Vocal Majority Quartet: I Wonder What You’re Doing For Christmas

      Houston Tidelanders: It’s The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

      Tonic Sol-Fa: Joy To The World

      Acoustix: The First Noel

      (CLOSER) Carpenters – Without A Song

      Dave Staudtmeier correctly identified The Dealer’s Choice as the Mystery Cut Singers and graciously gave it away to another chat room participant.  Maybe this week the lucky listener will be you!

      www.villageradio.com is now direct to Live 365 Radio... no more hassles with
      the dish from Wave to Wave...folks who have been tuning in say the show quality
      is better than ever!  We will be making more improvements in the coming weeks.

      Remember, go to www.harmonize.com/thn and click on the "Listen in" button.  You can
      now reach us TOLL FREE at 877-846-7664 ("THN-SONG") from anywhere in the
      continental United States.  Call us and tell us what you want to hear.  There are LIVE SHOWS Monday thru Thursday evenings.

      Tuesday Night Swipes, a proud program on The Harmony Network, is on 7:00pm-11:00pm Eastern time.

      Canto ergo sum

      Marty Israel

      Host, Tuesday Night Swipes

      Proud to be part of The Harmony Network, where all the good singers have gone!

      Rich Taylor, President, THN...The Harmony Network www.harmonize.com/thn
      Host of the SPEBSQSA Int'l Webcast Team 2000-2004

      Host of
      The "APPLAUSE"Show
      Show Website: The "APPLAUSE" Show Website

      for creating THN...The Harmony Network

      Thursday Night 6:30pm-11:00pm
      WVRM
      On the Internet at WWW.VILLAGERADIO.COM