Spring Sing

  • Joseph Schlesinger
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 30, 2001
      Now that my buddy Russ Fletcher has enlightened all of us about Sing! in Nashville, I'd like some help in clearing up a mystery closer to home.

      Can anyone provide information about a gathering called Spring Sing 2001, scheduled to occur in downtown Chicago May 11-13? I recently visited the Lake Shore Jive Web site (which appears to be inoperable at present) & followed a link to the Spring Sing Web site (http://www.springsing.org). However, the latter does not give complete information.

      For example, I see there are a handful of a cappella groups listed as members of Spring Sing. Is the event closed only to members of those groups, or is it open to all a cappella singers or to the public? If the latter is the case, how can one participate in the events?

      About a month ago, I sent an e-mail to the contact indicated on Spring Sing's Web site, asking for more extensive details, but as yet have received no reply.

      Apparently, Spring Sing has been an annual event for more than 40 years, hosted in a different city each time. But this is the first I have heard of it, & I'm sure I'm not alone. Can anyone tell us more about it???

      --Joseph Schlesinger
      zinger99@... (backup: schlesmail@...)
      member Shoreliner Chorus (http://www.nsn.org/evkhome/bflat)
      member New Tradition Chorus (http://www.newtradition.org)
      founder Barbershop Harmony Chicagoland (http://www.bbs.singer.as)
      847/328-0921
    • Joseph Schlesinger
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3, 2001
        Fellow 'Groupers:

        The mystery surrounding Spring Sing 2001 has been cleared up, thanx to Corey Greendale of Lake Shore Drive. Here's what Corey has to say:

        * * * * *

        For up-to-date info on Spring Sing, go to
        http://www.lakeshorejive.com/springsing/

        I just verified it, and it is up and running. It has what I believe is complete information about all the events.

        Spring Sing is open to anyone who wants to attend as an audience member (a cappella singers are especially encouraged to do so), but it is closed to performances, as the groups that perform have to be part of the Spring Sing organization.

        [J.S. note: According to the Spring Sing Web site, those groups are Lake Shore Drive, Augmented Eight, Wizard Oil Combination,
        Grace Notes, Counterparts, Off Sounders, Cahoots, Jersey Transit, & Noteworthy -- pretty heady company!]

        Much more specific information about the schedule of events, the groups performing, and how to reserve space, can be found at the Website noted above.

        Hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any more questions.

        Corey Greendale
        Lake Shore Jive

        * * * * *

        Even with the Midwest Harmony Sweepstakes, a wealth of barbershop shows, & public performances by a wide variety of a cappella artists, each new opportunity to enjoy the richness of vocal harmony that comes to light is worth publicizing to those who share our enthusiasm for a cappella singing.

        P.S.: Good luck to The Dateables, Northwestern University's newest vocal quartet, who have registered to compete in the Illinois District College Barbershop Quartet Contest in Peoria April 21.

      • schlesmail@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 9, 2001
          Spring Sing Web site is at the following location:

          http://www.springsing.org

          --Joseph Schlesinger
          schlesmail@..., zinger99@...
          member Shoreliner Chorus (http://www.nsn.org/evkhome/bflat)
          member New Tradition Chorus (http://www.newtradition.org)
          founder Barbershop Harmony Chicagoland (http://www.bbs.singer.as)
          847/328-0921
        • Loren Shevitz
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 9, 2001
            lakeshorejive.com won't load for me. Is the info up anywhere else?

            http://personals.yahoo.com