Golosa Russian Choir Auditions

  • Noel Thomas Taylor
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2004
      Dear Friends of Golosa, the University of Chicago Russian Choir,

      Right now is your one big annual chance to be a part of the action. Come
      try for an opportunity to sing this uniquely beautiful music in the
      company of some of the most talented and dedicated singers anywhere. It is
      once again time for our yearly auditions!

      Auditions will be held this coming weekend, Saturday and Sunday Oct 2-3,
      and the following weekend, Saturday and Sunday, Oct 9-10. All auditions
      will take place in Hyde Park between around noon and 4:00. A typical
      audition lasts about 20 minutes.

      We are currently auditioning for all voice parts, although this year we
      are especially seeking sopranos. No knowledge of Russian is necessary to
      sing in the group, although any knowledge you do have will certainly be a
      benefit to you. You do not have to be a student to sing in the group nor
      do you have to be of a certain age. All you need is a good ear, a strong
      voice, and a desire to awaken the sleeping Cossack within you.

      Rehearsals are Wednesday evenings from 6:30-8:30 in Hyde Park, with
      occasional extra rehearsals before a performance. All folk music is
      sung from memory.

      If you are interested in auditioning, please respond to this email. If you
      are unavailable on the dates mentioned, please let me know when you
      are available, and we will gladly work out a different time for you.

      If you are unfamiliar with what we do and would like to hear a sample of
      our singing, please visit our website at: www.golosa.org and click on
      "music"

      I hope to hear from many of you!

      best wishes,