Bass Audition for Spare Keys

  • Krivitzky, Jonathan
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 27, 2001
      I posted this on the rec.music.a-cappella newsgroup, but it can't hurt to
      spread the word.

      SPARE KEYS AUDITIONS - BASS

      "Spare Keys", a fledgling seven-member, co-ed group in the
      Chicago/Milwaukee area is in need of a bass singer.

      We're a semi-pro group, interested in having much fun, flooring an
      audience, showing off our talents, but not necessarily in being rich
      and famous.

      Over the last two years, we've meticulously chosen our members,
      settling on six dedicated, talented, and easy-to-get-along with
      singers. Over that span, we've developed a sizable and eclectic
      repertoire of arrangements. We've also found an experienced group
      manager, an artistic advisor, and several contacts that will propel us
      towards where we want to go.

      Our future plans include a 2002 entry into the Harmony Sweepstakes,
      recording a CD as soon as financially feasible, a two-hour show in
      downtown Chicago, and several smaller ideas that can wait for a
      personal conversation.

      We've got the music, the short-term and long-term plans, the groove,
      and the joy. We only need a bass to complete the picture.

      If you sing low, if you like to sing basslines, and if you live within
      the Chicago/Milwaukee area, please don't hesitate to contact me (info
      below). This is a great chance to get in on the ground floor of
      something very rewarding. Don't pass it up!

      Contact Info
      ------------
      My Email: jkrivitz@...
      Group Email: sparekeys@...

      Sing 'til you're flat,
      Jon Krivitzky, Musical Director of "Spare Keys"
    • andrew stephen emmerich
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 27, 2001
        Hello from Champaign-Urbana! If anybody is up for an EXCELLENT night of
        college acappella, you might want to check out the
        University of Illinois Xtension Chords' Acapellapalooza 2001! The show
        starts at 7:30 Friday, March 30 (that's THIS friday) and is on the
        beautiful UIUC Quad in Lincoln Hall Audiorium. If you'd like to reserve
        general admission tickets and/or get directions, email either me or
        xchords@... and we'll get you set up.

        Thanks, and I hope to see some of you there!

        ---Andy Emmerich
        Asst. Director, The Xtension Chords