NYC Immediate release

  • Brad Ford
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2004

      Calling all voices! There's a new group in town!

      Opus Ensemble New York directed by Brad Ford with Kristin Hevner as
      Composer in Residence is now accepting auditions for all voice parts. Section leader opportunities are available. Opus Ensemble is a quality 40-60 voice community ensemble whose mission is to inspire and encourage the creation of high quality, innovative music by artists that challenge and embrace the boundaries of the choral arts; to offer educational and performance opportunities which bring these musical ideas into diverse communities. We perform a variety of multi-cultural music including that of our Composer in Residence. Our inaugural season consists of "Magnificent Light" in December, "American Classics" in March, and "A Little Light Poetry" in May.

      Join the fun! Rehearsals are held Wednesday nights from 7:30-9:30 p.m. on the upper West Side, NYC. Audition requirements are minimal, testing musical ability with good sight-reading and pitch skills necessary. Our season consists of a 3-concert season with 2 performances for each concert in December, March and May. Come play as hard as you work and make a few friends in the process!

      Call 718-205-8098 to schedule an audition.

      Brad K. Ford,

      Artistic Director

      Opus Ensemble New York

      Opusensemble1@...