Message from Marty Israel, host of the "Tuesday Night Swipes" show on THN

  • RMTMUSIC@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2004
      Hi Gang,
      Marty Israel, the host of the "Tuesday Night Swipes" show on THN...The Harmony Network, has asked me to pass this along.  We hope that you are enjoying the shows, 4 of them now Monday through Thursday evenings from 7-11:00PM,, on the first commercially licensed radio station in the country to have acappella music as it's format.
      Rich Taylor, President THN

      Hi everyone!

      If you tuned in to Tuesday Night Swipes this past Tuesday night, you heard:

      Featured Cut – The Suntones: Live Performance of their West Side Story Medley

      Mystery Cut – The West Towns Chorus: Alice Blue Gown

      Heritage Cut – The Modernaires: Java Jive

      Featured Performers – The Suntones: Sweet Georgia Brown (bass solo by Bill Cain), Pass Me By, Baby Face, I’m Going Back To Carolina, Doin’ The Raccoon, Wedding Bells Are Breaking Up That Old Gang Of Mine/The Story Of The Rose MEDLEY, Fiddler On The Roof MEDLEY

      (OPENER) Dealer’s Choice – Goodbye, Old Dixie, Goodbye

      St Louis Harmony Chorus: How’s Every Little Thing In Dixie

      Gotcha!: Crazy Words, Crazy Tunes

      King’s Singers: The Circle Of Life

      After Hours: What Would I Do Without My Music

      OK City Chorus: Won’t You Come Home, Bill Bailey

      Power Play: The Sunshine Of Your Smile

      Mighty Echoes: I Wonder Why

      Sheffield Barbershop Harmony Club: Waiting For The Robert E Lee

      Rhythmix: Their Hearts Were Full Of Spring

      Sound Celebration: Basin Street Blues

      RichTones: God Bless The U.S.A.

      Metropolis: Sing, Sing, Sing

      Swingle Singers: Alabama Song

      Heart Of America Chorus: It’s Only A Paper Moon

      Just4(kicks): My Honey’s Lovin’ Arms

      Take 6: How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You

      Melodeers: I Wanna Come Back As A Man

      Singers Unlimited: Sweet Lorraine

      Toronto Northern Lights: South Rampart Street Parade

      4 Star Collection: Darktown Strutter’s Ball

      The Real Group: When I Fall In Love

      Prairie Winds: I’m Gonna Live Till I Die

      Acoustix: Straighten Up And Fly Right

      Manhattan Transfer: Sweet Talking Guy

      Ambassadors of Harmony: Short People

      Night Magic: Nina From Argentina

      HiLos: April In Fairbanks

      West Coast Harmony Chorus: I Got The Music In Me

      The Total Experience Gospel Choir: The Lord’s Prayer

      Vocal Majority: Runnin’ Wild

      Blue Champagne: Fit As A Fiddle

      Gold City: When The Lamb Becomes The Light

      Song Of Atlanta Show Chorus: Blues In The Night

      Rockapella: Up A Lazy River

      Images: Almost Like Being In Love

      Alexandria Harmonizers: Back In The Old Routine

      Philharmonix: Slap That Bass

      Cheers: Brother, Can You Spare A Dime

      North Metro Chorus: There Will Never Be Another You

      Vox One: Respect

      Ambiance: Kiss Me One More Time

      Midwest Vocal Express: Alexander;s Band Is Back In Dixieland

      Four Freshmen: I Concentrate On You

      Ramapo Valley Spotlight Chorus: A Breeze From Alabama/Ragtime MEDLEY

      DaVinci’s Notebook: Another Irish Drinking Song

      Swing Street: River Of No Return

      New Tradition Chorus: There’s Something About A Soldier

      36 Madison Avenue: Love The One You’re With

      Max Q: Smile MEDLEY

      The Idea Of North: It’s Alright With Me

      Michigan Jake: Louise

      (CLOSER) Carpenters – Without A Song

      Alas, no one identified the Mystery Cut, so no one was able to claim the Max Q CD, titled Discovery.  This CD will be next week’s prize.

      Further, next week’s featured cut(s) will be Tom Gentry’s Top 10 Favorite Tom Gentry arrangements, sung (for the most part) by the artists chosen by, alas, Tom himself!  It’s a great list of classic arrangements!  As for what songs they are, well, you’ll simply have to tune in!

      We would like to acknowledge the Seneca Land District and the Big Apple Chorus for their generous contributions to The Harmony Network!

      Tuesday Night Swipes, a program on The Harmony Network, is on 7:00pm-11:00pm Eastern time.  To listen, go to www.harmonize.com/thn and follow the directions for listening in.

      Canto ergo sum

      Marty Israel

      Host, Tuesday Night Swipes

      Proud to be on The Harmony Network

      Rich Taylor, President, THN...The Harmony Network
      www.harmonize.com/thn

      Host of the SPEBSQSA Int'l Webcast Team 2000-2004

      Host of
      The "APPLAUSE"Show
      Show Website: The "APPLAUSE" Show Website

      for creating THN...The Harmony Network

      Thursday Night 6:30pm-11:00pm
      WVRM
      On the Internet at WWW.VILLAGERADIO.COM