Vocal Percussionist/Bass-Baritone Seeks A Cappella Group

  • Sean P. Gorecki
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 30, 2004
      Hey everyone! My name is Sean P. Gorecki. I'm 20 years old. I'm
      from Crystal ake in McHenry County. I'm looking to join or start an A
      Cappella Group in the greater Crystal lake or Chicagoland area. Some
      of you may have heard me at the latest Harmony Sweepstakes. I was in
      the front row and one of the Nightwatch members was looking for a way
      to stall and I shouted for him to tell a joke. Next thing I know,
      he's handing me the mic telling ME to tell a joke and my father is
      telling me to do some vocal percussion...so I did the latter. I have
      a good ear, especially for bass notes and have been practicing VP for
      about 2 1/2 years. E-mail me at random_sean@... if you are
      intersted. Take care everyone!

      ~Random Sean~
    • confunktion
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 31, 2004
        Just wanted to send a note confirming the events described by Sean.
        Let's face it - we were flailing out there and needed help.
        Thankfully, Sean stepped up and injected life into an otherwise
        mediocre hosting job. Also, anyone who is able to sit in the front
        row for a whole NIGHTWATCH appearance deserves a medal of honor, or
        at least a spot in an a cappella group. So hire Sean...you won't be
        sorry...

        Overdramatically,

        Paul Wolf
        NIGHTWATCH
        It was SO a wardrobe malfunction...I swear...

        --- In Chicago-acappella@yahoogroups.com, "Sean P. Gorecki"
        <random_sean@y...> wrote:
        > Hey everyone! My name is Sean P. Gorecki. I'm 20 years old. I'm
        > from Crystal ake in McHenry County. I'm looking to join or start
        an A
        > Cappella Group in the greater Crystal lake or Chicagoland area.
        Some
        > of you may have heard me at the latest Harmony Sweepstakes. I was
        in
        > the front row and one of the Nightwatch members was looking for a
        way
        > to stall and I shouted for him to tell a joke. Next thing I know,
        > he's handing me the mic telling ME to tell a joke and my father is
        > telling me to do some vocal percussion...so I did the latter. I
        have
        > a good ear, especially for bass notes and have been practicing VP
        for
        > about 2 1/2 years. E-mail me at random_sean@y... if you are
        > intersted. Take care everyone!
        >
        > ~Random Sean~
      • Charisse Sisou
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 5, 2004
          Hi, Sean; Hello, all-

          I'm new to the Woodstock area--and obviously, new to this group, or I
          would have responded to your post a long time ago! Have you had any
          luck finding--or founding, for that matter--an a capella group? My
          thoughts have wended that way myself... I love to sing, did musical
          theater/a capella/choral work in college and sang some live jazz in
          Amherst, MA, but lately my only vocal outlet has been the local
          karaoke scene. Fun, but not the same! Help- I need to sing, and I am
          a total performance addict... I'm an alto with a wide range, and
          sing all sorts of stuff but prefer soulful music: jazz, blues, some
          folk, some pop...

          Take care- I hope to hear from you, or anyone else looking for some
          vocal talent out this way...

          Charisse
          poetdiva2002@...