OOPS I forgot to copy the message from Brucce Checca re: Bolton Landing Festival

  • RMTMUSIC@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23, 2004
      Hi gang.... I am soooo sorry .  I forgot that the moderators of the groups DO NOT sned attachments...and therefore my note yesterday must have made no sense. I am copying the message from Bruce Checca that was sent to all the participants... hope this clarifies that the Festival for 2004 will not be held.

      (From Bruce Checca, Executive Director, Bolton Landing Barbershop Festival...sent to the scheduled participants Thursday 7/29)

      "That's it... I give up!

      First it was "We didn't think you really meant it when you said the festival was in trouble" and then it was "Wait, we might be able to help".... "Yes, we can.... we can give you $20,000!"

      As of late yesterday afternoon, the Bolton Town Supervisor has decided that the funds that the county gave him for this  event will only be available if we agree to pay it back... a guaranteed loan....

      When I originally went to him last week to tell him that we were going to pull the plug, I told him that without $20,000  in corporate support or donations to pay off existing debts, we would not have the funds available to make this year a go. He asked about a bank loan, and we told him that we could not do that, as it put us that much farther into debt, with no guarantee we would have a way to pay it back.

      He came to US with the county fund idea.

      So, as of NOW (Thursday, July 22, 2004 at 1:20pm) the festival for 2004 is NOT going  to happen and we are notifying EVERYONE of that fact.  We have had too many change of plans already, and I REFUSE to subject you guys to any more!

      I also need to apologize to all of you for keeping you on the hook like this. I guess it was just my hope that somehow it would all work out. I've spent 10 years of my life doing this and was looking  at it through too many pairs of rose-colored glasses I guess.........

      ....I've told the festival board that we need to start right NOW to raise funds for any festival in 2005 and beyond,........

      Thanks for all the effort to make it happen on YOUR part, and again... I'm sorry I put you through all this.

      Bruce Checca
      Very tired Executive Director of the last "Bolton Landing" Barbershop Quartet Festival"

      Hope this clarifies the situation

      Rich Taylor, Member Executive Committee
      Bolton Landing Chapter SPEBSQSA
      President, THN...The Harmony Network
      www.harmonize.com/applauseshow/thn

      Host of the SPEBSQSA Int'l Webcast Team 2000-2004

      Host of
      The "APPLAUSE"Show
      Show Website: The "APPLAUSE" Show Website

      for creating THN...The Harmony Network

      Thursday Night 6:30pm-11:00pm
      WVRM
      On the Internet at WWW.VILLAGERADIO.COM