Bolton Landing Festival 2004...Don't cancel your plans !!!

  • RMTMUSIC@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16, 2004
      Hi there all who will read this letter.

      Many of you know I have been involved in the Bolton Landing Barbershop Festival for the last six years, and have been on the Executive Committee sinc the Chapter was formed last year.  The Festival suffered losses due to poor attendance in 2002 and 2003 following the fallout of 9/11.  This year's Festival was facing prior deficits of $15,000 and , as many of you have read, appeals from the Executive Director Bruce Checca were made to help "Save " this year's Festival.  In fact, Bruce announced this week that the chances were slim that the Festival would take place this year.

      Tomorrow, in Clifton Park NY, the Executive Committee and leaders will be meeting to discuss an offer from the County to assist in producing this year's Festival.  I am proud of the work Bruce Checca has personally done to bring about this opportunity, and to several members of the chapter who are working as we speak to confirm the future of this annual event.

      WE NEED YOUR HELP !!  ON TWO FRONTS!!!

      1) If you have been on the fence about attending this year's Festival, OR if you have never attended and thought about coming this year, may I invite you to visit the Festival Webpage and make your reservations.  The Festival this year has some pretty incredible talent and activities including the Inaugural Bolton Landing Festival Dinner where we will celebrate the 30 year anniversary of the 139th Street Quartet,  proceeds of which will start a Foundation to provide Scholarships to deserving students in the Lower Adirondack Region of New York State.

      We have GOTCHA, the 2004 International Champions as the headliner quartet, and an additional Line-Up including Flipside and Wheelhouse, Top 10 finishers at the Louisville Contest, The Perfect Gentlemen, entertainers extraordinaire fromLos Angeles, and the list goes on....  Add the 4 feature shows, the quartet contest in the park, and the "Musical Quartet Scavenger Hunt" and you have an incredible weekend.

      All Events Tickets start at only $55.00 for the entire weekend, and go up to $150.00 which includes the special Foundation Dinner (intimate dinner with only 100 seats reserved with the 139th Street Quartet)...   If you delay in purchasing the all-events passes, the price goes up (after the stated date).

      2) The Festival is still in need of financial contributions.  If you are in the position to make a tax deductible donation to help relieve the $15,000 debt, please email Bruce or me and let us know that you believe in the Festival and tell us how much you can afford....any amount will be appreciated.  If you, individually, or if you have a company that can make a tax deductible donation of $100.00 or more,  we will add you or your company's name to a special "Festival Believers" Program insert for this year's Festival.

      I  promise you, on behalf of the Executive Committee and officers of the Bolton Landing Chapter  that the Executive Committe will work diligently tomorrow to insure that your experience in Bolton this year will be memorable.  My invitation to you is to live the experience....something that doesn't happen at any Festival in the country.

      "WE LOVE NEW YORK.......AND THE BOLTON LANDING BARBERSHOP FESTIVAL"
      www.boltonlandingchapter.org    THE PLACE WHERE BARBERSHOP IS KING!

      Rich Taylor, Executive Commitee Member, Director
      Bolton Landing Chapter, S.P.E.B.S.Q.S.A.
      President, THN...The Harmony Network
      www.harmonize.com/applauseshow/thn

      Host of the SPEBSQSA Int'l Webcast Team 2000-2004

      Host of
      The "APPLAUSE"Show
      Show Website: The "APPLAUSE" Show Website

      for creating THN...The Harmony Network

      Thursday Night 6:30pm-11:00pm
      WVRM
      On the Internet at WWW.VILLAGERADIO.COM