Tuesday Night Swipes on THN...The Harmony Network

  • RMTMUSIC@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 12, 2004
      Hi Gang

      Marty Israel the host of Tuesday Night Swipes asked me to forward this to you.  Hope you can tune in.

      Hi everyone!

      Tomorrow evening, Tuesday Night Swipes will be featuring the most ambitious barbershop arrangement ever written and performed: Walter Latzko’s Academy Award Medley.  This medley from 1973 features EVERY Oscar winning song from the award’s inception to the (then) present day.  The performance is by the 1973 District Champion Montclair (NJ) Chorus, later to merge with the Livingston NJ Dapper Dans of Harmony.  This 35 minute medley will be played in its entirety and all featured performers will be identified.

      As per recent Harmonet discussions, we will also include Misty, as sung by Crystal Clear and Riptide, as well as the Mystery Cut of the night where the first correct listener to identify the performers will win a CD,  the Goofy Cut of the night and your requests if you call in, e-mail, or join in on our chat room.

      Hopefully we’ll chat then.

      Canto ergo sum

      Marty Israel

      Host, Tuesday Night Swipes

      The Harmony Network

      Rich Taylor, President, THN...The Harmony Network
      www.harmonize.com/applauseshow/thn

      Host of the SPEBSQSA Int'l Webcast Team 2000-2004

      Host of
      The "APPLAUSE"Show
      Show Website: The "APPLAUSE" Show Website

      for creating THN...The Harmony Network

      Thursday Night 6:30pm-11:00pm
      WVRM
      On the Internet at WWW.VILLAGERADIO.COM
      email us at : applause@...

      Continuous Broadcasting since 1997
    • RMTMUSIC@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 27, 2004

        Hi everyone!

        I want to echo what Joaner so adequately described in the post for her Monday Night Show on the Harmony Network.  It was wonderful and I would look for more shows of this type to be done, as a great time was had by all.  AND, of course, Just4(Kicks), Debut and The BUZZ were fantastic.  Just4(Kicks) has a new CD, Debut’s is coming out shortly and we’re already looking forward to BUZZ2.

        This week, the Featured Cut will be a great “live” performance by one of our legendary champs from the 60s (although the performance is from the 70s).  We also have a new Mystery Cut, and if anyone can correctly guess the identity of the performers, they will win themselves a CD.  Last week, Jeff Steinhardt correctly identified the Mills Brothers and won himself the new Michigan Jake CD!

        There will also be the Goofy Cut of the night and maybe a couple more surprises!

        Tuesday Night Swipes is a proud program on the Harmony Network.  To tune in, go to www.harmonize.com/thn and follow the directions to the live broadcast, which is on 7:00pm-11:00pm.  We hope to hear from you during the show!

        www.harmonize.com/thn

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 22, 2004
          Hi Gang,

          Marty Israel, the host of the "Tuesday Night Swipes" show on THN asked me to forward this to you.  Please enjoy and tune in on Monday through Thursdays, 7-11:00pm for live interractive shows on The Harmony Network.  www.harmonize.com/thn and click on the "Listen In" link, or direct to www.villageradio.com .  We now have a toll-free telephone number from anywhere in the continental United States at 877-846-7664 which spell out 877 -THN - SONG.  Hope to have you as a listener.

          "Hi everyone!

          If you tuned in to Tuesday Night Swipes this past Tuesday night, you heard:

          Featured Cut – Ambiance: Excerpts from Rhapsody in Blue

          Mystery Cut – Uptown Sound: My Mother's Eyes

          Heritage Cut – Osmonds Second Generation: Show Me The Way

          (OPENER) Dealer's Choice – Good-bye, Old Dixie, Good-bye

          Prairie Winds: You Make Me Feel So Young

          Cool & Jazzy: Bei Mir Bistu Shein

          Rumors: Ability To Swing

          Toronto Northern Lights: Lover Come Back

          Tonic Sol-Fa: A Little Less Conversation

          Suntones: Together Wherever We Go

          Song of Atlanta Show Chorus: Gotta Know How To Dance MEDLEY

          The Real Group: Night And Day

          Just 4 (Kicks): I'm Gonna Live Till I Die

          Nashua Granite Statesmen: Firefly/Glow Worm

          Fourth Avenue: In The Midnight Hour

          Rapscallions: Toot Toot Tootsie/Goodbye My Lady Love

          Melodeers: Floatin’ Down To Cotton Town

          King’s Singers: The Rose

          Upstate Rhythm: Don't Break The Heart That Loves You

          Ambassadors of Harmony: My Honey's Lovin’ Arms

          Just 4 Kicks: Superstition

          Cadence: Spinning Wheel

          Village Vocal Chords: All The Way

          Chanticleer: Camptown Races

          A Cappella Gold: When The Red, Red Robin Comes Bob-bob-bobbin’ Along

          Vocal Majority: Stormy Weather

          DaVinci’s Notebook: What A Wonderful World

          Chiefs Of Staff: Every Tear Is A Smile In An Irishman’s Heart

          North Metro Chorus: Robert E Lee MEDLEY

          The Idea Of North: My Foolish Heart

          City Lights: Cornet Man

          Houston Tidelanders: Mona Lisa

          Swingle Singers: The Girl From Ipenema

          Excalibur: Gonna Build A Mountain

          Pride of Kentucky: Home On The Range

          Singers Unlimited: We've Only Just Begun

          Growing Girls: For Once In My Life

          Louisville Thoroughbreds: From This Moment On

          AC Rock: What's Your Name?

          Michigan Jake: That's How Rhythm Was Born

          139th Street Quartet: Take Her Down To Coney Isle And Give Her The Air

          Scottsdale Chorus: Oh How I Miss You Tonight

          Manhattan Transfer: Four Brothers

          The Buzz: Once Upon A Time

          American Barberboys: The Key To Success With The Beautiful Girls

          Acappellago: Danny Boy

          Acoustix: Stars And Stripes Forever

          Gem City: Purlie

          After Hours: Love Me And The World Is Mine

          Nylons: Chain Gang

          Alexandria Harmonizers: Our Love Is Here To Stay

          Rockapella: Shambala

          Sundowners: Wichita Lineman

          Rich Tones: Rockabye Your Baby With A Dixie Melody

          Hi-Los: In The Wee Small Hours Of The Morning

          Brava!: Royal Garden Blues

          Heralds Of Harmony: Shenandoah

          Boyz Nite Out: I Believe

          PLATINUM: Who Will Buy

          Pride of Baltimore: Bye Bye Bye

          Four Freshmen: Polka Dots And Moonbeams

          Showtime: Goody Goody

          Masters of Harmony: I had Someone Else Before I Met You/Who’s Sorry Now

          Aftershock: One More Minute

          (CLOSER) Carpenters – Without A Song

          Alas, no one identified the Mystery Cut, so no one was able to claim the Max Q CD, titled Discovery.  This CD will be next week’s prize.

          We would like to acknowledge the Seneca Land District and the Big Apple Chorus for their generous contributions to The Harmony Network!

          www.villageradio.com is  now direct to Live 365 Radio... no more hassles with
          the dish from Wave to Wave...folks who have been tuning in say the show quality
          is better than ever!  We will be making more improvements in the coming weeks.

          Remember, www.harmonize.com/thn and click on the "Listen in" button.  You can
          now reach us TOLL FREE at 877-846-7664 ("THN-SONG") from anywhere in the
          continental United States.  Call us and tell us what you want to hear.
          There are LIVE SHOWS Monday thru Thursday evenings.

          Tuesday Night Swipes, a program on The Harmony Network, is on 7:00pm-11:00pm Eastern time.

          Canto ergo sum

          Marty Israel

          Host, Tuesday Night Swipes

          Proud to be on The Harmony Network"

          Thanks for listening in to all the THN radio shows.