Golosa at Millennium Park July 17!

  • Noel Taylor
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2004
      Dear Friends of the Golosa Russian Choir,

      It's been a while since I've mailed to this list, but we do have exciting
      news!

      Golosa will perform a 45-minute set at the opening ceremonies of Chicago's
      Millennium Park at 3:30 pm on Saturday, July 17th, 2004. We'll be outdoors
      on site #5. There is no charge for admission.

      Please visit our website at:

      http://www.golosa.org

      and click on "upcoming events" for a map of the Millennium Park site which
      includes the exact location of our performance area.

      You can also visit the official Millennium park website at:

      http://millenniumpark.org/

      Click on "Millennium Park's Grand Opening Weekend Events" and from there
      on "Opening Weekend Events" for a list of all the performers who will be
      there to entertain you all weekend long.

      I have reproduced below some directions on how to get to Millennium Park
      by public transportation, taken from their official website.

      I hope that you will come out in support of your favorite Russian choir
      for this fantastic event. We'll see you there!

      Noel Taylor, director

      ******How To Get To Millennium Park******

      CTA train stations close to Millennium Park include the Red Line
      Washington Street exit and the Brown/Green/Orange and Purple Line
      Madison/Wabash Street exit.

      If arriving from the suburbs via Union Station (Canal Street, between
      Adams and Jackson Boulevard), take CTAs #151 bus directly to Millennium
      Park. The Randolph Street Station exits directly on Michigan Avenue across
      from the park and the Ogilvie Transportation Center (Madison and Canal
      Streets) is quickly accessible to the park by CTAs #20 or #56 bus.

      For directions to your destination, call the Travel Information Center at
      (312) 836-7000 or visit www.yourcta.com to find the quickest or most
      direct transit route to your destination using CTA buses and trains.