New Acapella Chorus in Schaumburg!

  • saxysingr@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 5, 2004
      The Brotherhood of Harmony is now meeting in Schaumburg and looking for new members. Under the Direction of Dr. Greg Lyne, we sing a wide range of music that includes sacred, classical, pop, holiday, and barbershop style songs all in a four-part harmony style. We would love the opportunity to share the risers with you. The Brotherhood of Harmony is made up of men from the ages of 14 to 74 from all walks of life. If you have a men's acapella ensemble that would like to perform for us any Thursday, we would welcome it. If you are bringing a performing group, please contact Adam Woods at 630 421-0203 or adam_woods@... so that we may properly schedule things.

      Dr. Gregory K. Lyne is Director of Music Education and Services for SPEBSQSA, Inc., the Barbershop Harmony Society. In this capacity, Dr. Lyne oversees the music education programs of the 33,000-member international Society, the world's largest all-male singing organization. Prior to his present position, Dr. Lyne was a Professor of Music and Director of Choral Activities at Arizona State University in Tempe. He previously taught at California State University - Long Beach, DePaul University, Eastern New Mexico University and the University of Washington. Dr. Lyne earned a bachelor of music degree in music education from Washburn University, a master of science in composition from Kansas State University, and a doctor of arts in conducting from the University of Northern Colorado.

      Dr. Lyne is a life member of the American Choral Directors Association and holds memberships in the National Association for Music Education, the College Music Society and other professional music organizations. Dr. Lyne is recognized throughout the world of music education, and is listed in the International Who's Who in Classical Music and the International Who's Who of Professionals. His publications include many articles for music journals, a workbook, a videotape, and compositions for various ensembles, as well as numerous barbershop arrangements.

      We invite all men who like to sing to join us on Thursday nights from 7:30 pm – 10:15 pm at St Peter’s Lutheran Church, located on Schaumburg Road between Roselle Road and Plum Grove Road. If you have a men's acapella ensemble that would like to perform for us any Thursday, we would welcome it. If you are bringing a performing group, please contact Adam Woods at 630 421-0203 or adam_woods@... so that we may properly schedule things.
    • schlesmail
      Message 2 of 2 , May 6, 2004
        Hey, Greg--why don't you just add that BOH won the statewide chorus
        contest in Peoria last month hands down! In fact, they were so good,
        they were able to do it without their regular director, but with
        their assistant director leading them instead. That's a pretty damn
        good start!

        --Joseph Schlesinger-who-sings-with-some-nondescript-group-in-
        Northbrook
        zinger99@... (backup: schlesmail@...)