Tonight on The "APPLAUSE" Show..Saying Goodbye to a very special guy.

  • RMTMUSIC@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2004

      Hi there netters and lovers of acappella music,

      Since 1999, when The "APPLAUSE" Show was just about 2 1/2 years old, I have had the pleasure of knowing and working side-by-side with T.J. Barranger, my friend and colleague.  He has been an integral part of The "APPLAUSE" Show.  Originally taking charge of all the emails we received during the night (The email computer at the old station was in another room), T.J. demonstrated very quickly that he had a "feel" for the world of Radio, and an excellent broadcast voice. When we moved to our new station in 2002, T.J. became the "Air Chair" for the show, handling the show technically from start to finish.   He has skillfully operated what is sometimes cantankerous equipment, handled all the technical problems that arose, and has developed his own easy style while "on mike" as a broadcaster.

      Tonight, T.J. will end his regular broadcasting duties on the show.  He is going to devote more time to his family, his new quartet, and to his directing responsibilities with The Somertones Chorus in Somerville, NJ.  Yes folks, this talented young man is a front line director, a member of a competitive quartet, AND a radio broadcaster along with having his home life with his better half....Chrissy

      Tonight, we will be honoring the 4 1/2 years of T.J.'s association with the show.  He will be in the studio and selecting a lot of the music as we review some of the major activities that he has been a part of since 1999.  If you have ever said to yourself, I should chat with, or email T.J., tonight's the night. Tune in at 6:30 and celebrate an "era" on the show.  We hate to see T.J. leave his regular duties on the show and are happy that he has agreed to continue producing some of the "spot announcements" for not only the show but also The Harmony Network (THN). We will have some "guests" in the studio and the evening should be one of the best we ever had on the air.

      If you have any requests for tonight, you can send them to " applause@...

      Here's hoping you will share in this wonderful night.... thanks for your continued support.

      Rich Taylor, Host of The "APPLAUSE"Show
      Show Website: The "APPLAUSE" Show Website

      Thursday Night 6:30pm-11:00pm
      WVRM
      On the Internet at WWW.VILLAGERADIO.COM
      email us at : applause@...

      Special Fundraising Opportunity for all Listeners:
      Rare Lithograph Prints "John Lennon by Cynthia Lennon"

      Continuous Broadcasting since 1997
      Host of the SPEBSQSA Int'l Webcast Team 2000, 2001, 2002
      for hosting the Nashville Webcast

      for hosting The "APPLAUSE" Show

      for hosting The "APPLAUSE" Show
      Winner 2000 MAD District "Award of Excellence" for The "APPLAUSE" Show