concert announcement

  • Patricia M Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 24, 2003
      Dear Friends and Supporters of Acappellago:

      Permit me to extend a personal invitation to the first concert of
      Acappellago's second season: Escape to...A Long Winter's Night.

      The program features a variety of contemporary a cappella selections
      celebrating the miracles of the season including Morten Lauridsen's
      beloved "O Magnum Mysterium", Daniel Pinkham's song cycle of Norma
      Farber's poems "For Him She Sings" and Steven Sametz's updates of
      "Gaudete" and "There is No Rose of Such Virtue". New and old audience
      favorites will be found in David Maddux's jazzy versions of "Caroling,
      Caroling" and "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day", Alice Parker
      arrangements of "Angels we have Heard on High" and "My Dancing Day" and
      Mac Huff's "Silver Bells".

      Performances will take place on Saturday, December 6, 2003 at 8 PM at the
      Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd in North Aurora and on Sunday,
      December 7, 2003 at 3 PM at the Naperville Congregational Church. Tickets
      and more information are available by calling: (708)484-3797 x.2 or by
      visiting Acappellago's website: www.Acappellago.org.

      I hope that you can join us for another season of escapes through a
      cappella music.

      Pat Smith

      Acappellago, NFP
      PO Box 749