Singing for the Holidays

  • Joseph Schlesinger
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2003
      The holidays are coming! And we'd like to tell you
      about how you can share in the musical merrymaking
      that accompanies this most festive time of the year.

      We are assembling a Holiday Chorus in Evanston, &
      you're invited to be part of it. Our objective is to
      learn about 15 simple four-part a cappella
      arrangements of well-known holiday songs, a few
      Christmas carols, & even a Hanukkah medley. Songbooks
      will be provided free of charge, & public performances
      will be scheduled during the holiday season, primarily
      at Evanston retirement homes. The big finale, if you
      will, will be a sing around the kettle for Salvation
      Army at the Jewel Foods on Howard Street Saturday,
      Dec. 20.

      Naturally, we want to be as proficient as possible on
      these songs, so we have scheduled weekly rehearsals,
      every Wednesday night from 7:45 to 10:00.

      WE ARE NOT ASKING YOU FOR A LONG-TERM COMMITMENT--THIS
      REQUIRES A COMMITMENT ONLY THROUGH DEC. 20. Of
      course, if you wish to continue singing with the
      chorus after December, we certainly will encourage you
      to do so. In the process, you'll also learn how to
      improve your singing technique.

      Contact me for more information; I'll gladly tell you
      where we rehearse & answer any other questions you may
      have.

      --Joseph Schlesinger
      zinger99 @ juno.com (backup: schlesmail @ yahoo.com)
      member Shoreliner Chorus