Brand New URGENT Request for HELP--This One's Different!

  • Joseph Schlesinger
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 16, 2003
      When we couldn't get vocal groups to sing at Evanston
      schools, nursing homes, & hospitals for Evanston
      Harmony Days, we thought we had a problem.

      When we couldn't get an instructor for our Evanston
      Harmony Days Vocal Workshop Oct. 14, we thought we had
      a bigger problem.

      Now we're facing the biggest problem of all! This is
      a real EMERGENCY, & we need your HELP!

      The Shoreliner Chorus has planned & promoted a Vocal
      Showcase Sunday afternoon, Oct. 19, at the Unitarian
      Church of Evanston. The original plan was to have
      five different vocal groups &/or choruses perform. We
      ended up with four--still workable. Now we have just
      received word that one of those groups has had to
      cancel out.

      We desperately need a vocal group--any genre, any
      style, any number of singers, a cappella or
      accompanied--to perform a 25-minute set on our
      showcase. Canceling the show is NOT an option.

      Can anyone help? All the groups are volunteering
      their time, but there will be a table set up were
      performers can sell CDs or display/distribute
      promotional literature. A piano will be available for
      the performance, if you need it.

      Please contact me as soon as possible, by phone or by
      e-mail--this is of the utmost urgency.

      Thanx for any assistance you can offer.

      (Note: For more information about Evanston Harmony
      Days events, including the Oct. 19 Vocal Showcase, see
      our Web page at
      http://evkhome.northstarnet.org/bflat/ehd.html)

      --Joseph Schlesinger
      President, North Shore Chapter, SPEBSQSA
      zinger99 @ juno.com (backup: schlesmail @ yahoo.com)
      member Shoreliner Chorus
      (http://evkhome.northstarnet.org/bflat)
      member New Tradition Chorus